baby weight bye-bye

Options
:flowerforyou:

Hello all, I have a six month old baby (and two other children) and I have the last bits to burn off.....okay, 20 pounds of bits....but I'm committed and ready to take it on. Is anyone else breastfeeding? I burn a good calorie lot just sitting down to nurse my little one, so I added breastfeeding to the cardio portion at 500 calories a day -- I didn't know of another way to adjust the caloric intake.

One other question I have is, what information can EVERYONE view on my profile? And what can friends view? I'm here to be honest with myself about what I eat and how I exercise, but I'm not here to divulge how many m&m's I ate with anyone but myself -- some things are just my business! :embarassed:

So -- anyone with that answer? Also, if there's anyone in Southern Arizona or even Southern California who would like to get on board with me for a half marathon or a 10K or 5K walk or sloooowwww jog (11 min per mile?) -- I would love to get a group going for that, especially women (sorry, boys, I just think we chicks have to stick together sometimes).

Cat

Replies

• ChristaS
    ChristaS Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    no one can see your food diary unless you set it so that they can. Yours is nice and private :)
  • lounphill
    Options
    hiya welcome on board. I have two children and want to shift my baby weight too. Hope u have great success xx
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I'm also breastfeeding, but I just added it to my total allotted calories per day so I don't have to add it into my exercise everyday. You can adjust your total number of calories per day - I've set mine to 1700 (giving myself an extra 500 cals/day).

The only thing everyone can view on your profile is your friends, your weight loss ticker, whatever you have typed in (goals, introduction, etc) and pictures. You can set your food diary to private, friends only or public. So, it's up to you on who sees your food diary (and how many m&ms you eat :wink: ).

Just go to the Settings tab on your homepage and you'll be able to set up your profile and caloric intake to however you want :happy:
  • bonvechiomommy
    bonvechiomommy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm i the same boat, expect my baby is 18mo and I still have 20lbs to lose.
  • smoochy1978
    Options
    Phew! What about friends -- when I add friends, what can they see? I don't see any links to discuss privacy stuff. I'm not a weird binge eater, just for the record -- but I occasionally have a whole day that would completely embarrass me (maybe, say, yesterday?) and the amount that I rebuke myself is enough, I'm not ready to think about other people knowing every item that entered my tummy.
  • smoochy1978
    Options
    whoa, the answers to my next reply were answered before i could hit "post reply" -- i like this place, instant gratification! thank you for the warm wishes! i'm a bit of a hermit (mom to three under age 5) so this place is my new go-to for support and contact with adults. :smile:

I still can't figure out how to change the calories. I do like the look of "you did 1 minute of breastfeeding for a total 500 calorie burn though" -- that's impressive, right?
  • TristaVan
    TristaVan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just so you know you can also find breastfeeding under food. That is what I used when I was still nursing... Either way works.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Just so you know you can also find breastfeeding under food. That is what I used when I was still nursing... Either way works.

That's awesome, I'm going to use that instead. Thanks!
  • smoochy1978
    Options
    @bonvecchiomommy -- you're going to give me a complex, lady! you look like you're about 100 pounds in that honeymoon photo, so now you're up to 120? okay, okay, i know, we're all different.....different bodies, different people....I will be elated if I get down to 135, though.
  • judithserafim
    Options
    :heart: Good luck to all. I am in South Africa with a 3 month old baby. Breastfeeding, but will get started!!!!!!! yummy mommy.....
  • bonvechiomommy
    bonvechiomommy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh No! Maybe I will change my picture! In this photo I was 128lbs. Today I am at 151 ready to get down to 135..
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi Smoochy! I'm the happy mom of a 12-week-old and am also breastfeeding. Thank you for posting! I have been thinking about posting a question about how many extra calories I should add for nursing.

I feel like I should warn you that the 500 calorie rule is the high estimate of how many calories it burns. It can be between 200 and 500. When I was operating under the 500-calorie estimate, I wasn't losing any weight. Now, I add about 350 calories to my daily amount . Of course, I think it is better to overestimate than underestimate so we make sure to get enough calories to stay healthy and make good milk for our little ones! More than anything, I just don't worry if I go a little over my suggested daily intake.

I also had no idea that the breastfeeding option was available under food! I have no idea how many ounces I made a day, though. I would love to hear what number other people use!
  • smoochy1978
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies -- I'm using the breastfeeding option under food now -- definitely adjust it however you need to, but I breastfeed my kids for years (I've actually been breastfeeding continuously for 5 years now, except for about three months at the end of my last pregnancy), so I feel comfortable taking the 500 calorie adjustment. Plus, my baby is still not eating solids and she's in the 90th percentile for weight, so I think the milk I make is high calorie stuff!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Nobody can see your food journal unless you set it to public. When I set up my ticker, I set it up to show pounds lost not how much I weigh. I'm with you, I like my privacy. :)