Calories

Options
Well I'm eat 800-1000 calories a day and burning 400 will I loose wight?

Replies

• kungfujosh
    Options
    Yes you will but your not eating enough food.Im worried that your going to far with it
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Initially, yes! However, VERY soon you'll start to notice that the weight is no longer coming off....This is because your metabolism will have slowed completely (due to your body going into "starvation mode")....You need a MINIMUM of 1,200 calories per day to sustain yourself, and anything less than this will cause your body to think that you are starving it.....this is SO not healthy! Your body cannot survive on so few calories!

You should be consuming 1,200 calories per day, and then if you exercise and burn 400, you should be eating back THOSE calories as well (therefore, you should be consuming 1,600 calories in a day).....
  • ambermabee
    Options
    Natalia, hun, in my personal opinion you should be eating more than that. Sounds almost like starvation to me.
  • natalia994
    natalia994 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    But I don't get hungry anymore
    Like I think that eating the same amount if calories every day I'll stay the same?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Agreed, that's too few calories unless you are a very very petite person! If you aren't hungry but aren't getting enough calories, try adding things like nuts and seeds, Greek yogurt, etc., also try to eat small meals every few hours to keep your metabolism going. It's hard to get your head around, but I learned it here and its proven true for me: sometimes you have to eat more to loose!
  • natalia994
    Options
    Initially, yes! However, VERY soon you'll start to notice that the weight is no longer coming off....This is because your metabolism will have slowed completely (due to your body going into "starvation mode")....You need a MINIMUM of 1,200 calories per day to sustain yourself, and anything less than this will cause your body to think that you are starving it.....this is SO not healthy! Your body cannot survive on so few calories!

You should be consuming 1,200 calories per day, and then if you exercise and burn 400, you should be eating back THOSE calories as well (therefore, you should be consuming 1,600 calories in a day).....
    But if I eat everyday 1200 will I even loose weight? And how
  • blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

An 18 year old girl with normal daily activity will burn around 1800 calories a day. So if you are eating 1200 calories a day each day you are using 600 calories from your body. When you eat less than that for a long time your body will go into 'starvation mode' and that is when it will store fat rather than release it.
  • natalia994
    Options
    [!

[/quote]

An 18 year old girl with normal daily activity will burn around 1800 calories a day. So if you are eating 1200 calories a day each day you are using 600 calories from your body. When you eat less than that for a long time your body will go into 'starvation mode' and that is when it will store fat rather than release it.
    [/quote]

Well I don't waste alot of calories i do aerobics for 30 mins each day and walk for 30 mins going to school but that it so If I do that and eat 1200 calories will I loose weight
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    yes. the rule of thumb is to stay about 1200 so you dont go into starvation mode. you'll lose the weight but you wont be able to ever eat more than what you're eating when you're trying to lose the weight.
    the best way is to lose it slowly---otherwise you are more likely to go back to eating after you lose the weight and gain it back.
    depending on your weight, you can burn a signifigant amount of calories just by doing a little more activity. and you can still eat!

Personally, i hate feeling deprived, and if i want a piece of pizza i'll have it. (and i've lost 32 lbs in the past year)
    so...it's really depends on if you can live a lifetime eating 800-1000 calories...

i'm 22, and on 1200 calories (which honestly is a HUGE deficit-my ma is a personal trainer and recommends 1500!)
    and honestly, do what makes you happy. if you arent happy while losing the weight, then you wont be happy when it's gone and you're trying to keep it off

good luck