Now I know I really need to watch my food intake...

Options
I just wieghed myself. I ONLY LOST HALF A POUND THIS WEEK!!! I have been going to the gym regularly and trying to watch what I eat. I have slipped a few times this week by enjoying enchiladas my roomate made from scratch and by going out to dinner. When we went out, I didn't even enjoy the food and now I'm even more mad that I paid for the extra calories, sodium and fat. It derailed my progress. I'm not going to stop, but I have to vent. I thought that I was doing so good. I know that half of a pound is better than no pounds at all, but I was really hoping for 5 pounds. Moderation needs to be my middle name, and I am definitely not going to take myself out of the game!

Replies

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Think of the positives, that's half a pound you weighed last week!
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    progress is progress no matter how little, just take it in stride and keep up the hardwork. itll pay off sooner than later.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree at least you lost a half pound instead of gaining weight :) Look on the bright side and stay positive! You can do this, just put your mind to it... maybe add in a little more exercise to make up for the eating!
  • flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Losing as much as 5 lbs a week is not ideal anyway, right?
  • anewme58
    Options
    Hey, everyone has to reevaluate what they're doing right and what they're doing wrong. Ya just keep on trying and fine tuning. I keep telling myself "If I don't keep trying - then what is the alternative?" A half a pound is going in the right direction! Here's a pat on the back! :drinker:
  • bafe
    bafe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to fall into eating the wrong foods. I know I do if I'm hungry and not being patient enough to think about what I'm doing to derail myself!! Bafe
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    5 pounds a week is a little unrealistic. It sounds like you're doing all the right things... it's important to be able to live with your dietary and exercise changes for the rest of your life. And in life, there are times when we'll be tempted by things like enchiladas. If you want an occasional treat, eat it (for example, have just one enchilada), enjoy it (this is important! you can't eat something and tell yourself how bad you are the entire time!), write it down (also very important for staying accountable), try to stay in your calorie limits for the day, then move on! Don't beat yourself up. Ask yourself, "Did I do better in eating/exercising than I did before I started making changes?" If the answer is yes, you are moving in the right direction, even if your weight loss isn't as fast as you'd like. It will come off if you keep it up!

1-2lbs per week is usually ideal, and 0.5 pounds is still loss. Great job!