Throwing Up.

Options
I know what u r probably thinking.... this is not a anirexia post or buliemia post. I was wondering how you count your calories if your sick. Im pretty sure i have the flu and cant keep anything down hardly but i still want to keep track of what i am eating even tho i am sick. so my question is.. if i ate a yogurt then threw it up like say 15 min after i ate it then shoudl i add that as calories or because i threw it up does it not count? any help would be great i am really trying to be faithful to myself by writing down everything i eat and i really dont want me being sick to stop me from doing that.

Replies

• mirenner
    mirenner Posts: 205
    Options
    i wouldnt even count if you were that sick... most likely, you will lose, just concentrate on getting better, eat what you can, and pick up on your journey when you feel better
  • audreyyrose
    Options
    i don't think you should worry too much about calories if you're so sick that you can't keep food down.
    if there's a food you can eat without throwing it up, i say eat it. your body is sick, give it what it needs.
    once you're healthy again. you can focus on calorie counting, but now for, REST :]
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I agree -- just let it go for now. You're certainly not going to gain weight right now, and if you can keep food down, you need to do so without worrying about calories until you're better. After you stop throwing up and can keep something down besides saltines and ginger ale, then start counting again.

Feel better!
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Keep recording your food if you want, but don't worry about where you end as far as calories. Just do what your stomach will let you do and get your rest! Use the comment section to describe your sickness if it makes you feel better :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I had the stomach flu twice this, started the first of the year and lasted a week. Was fine for a week, then got it again for another week. You have my sympathy.

Don't bother counting calories, you're probably not even intaking (or keeping down) enough anyway. You got to eat what you can. For me it was white toast with butter, gingerale, bananas, and applesauce.
  • samara_334
    samara_334 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies. im just gonna take it easy. I am just so scared of gaining back weight. when i just started losing, that in its self wuld depress me.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i don't think you should worry too much about calories if you're so sick that you can't keep food down.
    if there's a food you can eat without throwing it up, i say eat it. your body is sick, give it what it needs.
    once you're healthy again. you can focus on calorie counting, but now for, REST :]

I totally agree, usually you lose quite a bit of weight when sick, so just focus on getting better for now :)
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I totally agree, usually you lose quite a bit of weight when sick, so just focus on getting better for now :)
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just try and relax and get better, don't binge on chocolate or anything but just find something that'll settle your stomach for now.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    First of all, you mentioned that you just started losing, so congratulations on making the choice to pursue a healthier lifestyle!

I agree with pretty much everything said, don't stress about it right now. Just focus on getting better, eat what you can and your comfortable with, and don't stress about it.

I hope you feel better! =)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm super sick today also - spent the day in bed! I did "count" my calories and water, but only because I want to stay in the habit of logging - no matter WHAT happens! I also realized that I only ate 90 calories today, so I need to get up soon and try to eat something else :frown:

If you're in bed anyway - try to log it. I always put notes in my dairy about what's happening so that I'll know when I look back.

Feel better! :flowerforyou: