Has Anyone Tired the Workout video games like Kinect or WII

Options
:happy: My kids have the x-box Kinect and you can get work games for them I'm not one for workout exercises and I'm definitely way to self conscious to go to a gym but I thought if anyone had tired these and had some success I might give it a go seeing as we already have one of the systems.

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit Plus, and it works for me. I think just like any workout regimen, whether it's DVDs, a gym, classes, etc., you get out of it what you put into it. Any exercise is better than none, so if it's something you're interested in, try it.
  • Jcnbarb4RN
    Options
    My daughter (who is lilfoxiladi2728 on my friends list) uses the kinect regularly and loves it! She does dance workouts on it and really burns a lot of calories and fat that way.
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started the biggest loser for the kinect a couple weeks ago and I think its great! You can choose how long you work out and the difficulty level and they put the routine together for you. Me and my boyfriend do it together and it really makes you work up a sweat. I've heard good things about the other work out games for the kinect too though but this is the only one I have :) Good luck!
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit and I love it. I think a lot of people don't think it's much of a workout, but I make sure I push myself hard while doing it. I agree that you get out what you put in. I did the Rhythm Boxing two days in a row and my arms were sore, but I worked really hard doing it too. It's worth it, especially for me during the winter!
  • FutureMsFit
    FutureMsFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've had the Wii Fit and Wii Active. They're both fun and you do burn calories. I would think the kinect would be more overall body active though. I think anything that keeps you moving is worth the money, that's just my 2 cents...
  • missfebus
    Options
    I tried my cousins kinect game and it was so awesome! I had a major good work out for an hour but didn't feel like i was working out at all. The dance one was a lot of fun but there were a lot of obstacle course ones i loved too. I dont like to work out either but loved working out on the kinect. burns a lot of calories!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I have EA Active Sports 2 (on PS3, but it's available for other platforms) and it kicks my butt. It's great. :smile:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus, both Just Dance games and My Fitness Coach (Dance Workout). The first 2 are great, especially Just Dance but the Fitness Coach is a bit of a disappointment.

I tried the Kinnect out in a store and think I may have to save my pennies because it was sooooooooo much fun!!!!

I do a bit of Leslie Sansone too. Being a Brit her stuff is difficult to get hold of.

I'm also a little bit excited for the release of Zumba on Wii!!

LouiseX
  • tonyen826
    Options
    I work out with the Wii all the time. I'm too heavy to use the wii fit board but I still do boxing and the Just Dance thing. I absolutely love it. I can take a break when i need to with my back but I still manage to work up a sweat. The only thing that will hold you back with the wii is if you really don't put the effort in. Sometimes you can get away with doing the absolute bare minimum with the wii and it still tracks your movements. (ie - bowling you can sit down and bowl if you want and get the same results as standing.) But doing that is only cheating yourself of the calories that you could be burning. I say give it a try though, any exercise is better than none at all. =) Good luck!
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hi

I have kinect for the xbox and i cannot rate it highly enough!! I LOVE IT!! even do the mini games on kinect sports and they get you moving as well as being fun.

I didnt realise how unfit i was until i started. i have only tried the biggest loser workout and its tough, for me anyway.

Also 'your shape, fitness evolved' is good it tells you how any calories you've burned and has gym games were you punch boxes and i enjoy it! Theres also dancing, zumba and dance central i have them both.. and guess what I enjoy them too. :laugh:
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    I've been doing EA SPORTS Active 2 and it's a great work out. I started with the Cardio Kick Start and it really has made a difference. I agree with other posts, a lot of people don't feel that the Wii is a good solid work out, but if you push yourself and do your best, you will see results. :-)
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ha, I love the wii.I usually burn about 500 cals a day from using just it alone. (270 from thirty mins of just dance, and 230 cals from thirty mins of wii fit) It's just easier to workout if it's something fun or something you enjoy, if you do something you absolutely hate there is no way you'll maintain and do it everyday, but I can't go a day without turning on my wii :)
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I just got EA Sports Active 2, It's available for xbox, wii, and ps3. I like it alot!
  • critter347
    critter347 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've seen you guys say alot of good things about EA Active, I might have to check that out and get that today. When I'm at the store, I see like a million different workout games for the wii, I already have wii fit plus and just dance, any other suggestions?

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I use Your shape fitness on kinect before. I didn't like it at all. Wasn't much of a workout. But everyone is different. Some love it, others don't! Give it a try if you are interested
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I really like Dance Dance Revolution - it's fun and does work up a sweat on the harder levels.

I have Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, EA Active (including more workouts and EA Active 2), JM Fitness Revolution, and a bunch of others. So far I like the EA Active the best, although it does seem to go through a lot of batteries on the heart rate monitors.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Zumba and Just Dance 2---lots of fun....easy way to burn calories!!!
  • Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have recently got a kinict and love Dance Central, so much fun and a really good workout that I look forward to doing :)

Hope to get Zumba for my Birthday :)
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love Just Dance 1&2! How many songs do you dance to to get a good work out? Ive only done it for fun with friends and family but never as a work out. Great idea!

Ive also got the Wii Acitves but forgot I had it. So Im inspired now to get back to it all. Ive only just restarted a day ago.

Im looking forward to Zumba on the Wii (it isnt released in Australia till sometime in March) :frown:
  • barbarabelk
    Options
    I haven't tried any of them, but I've heard GREAT things about the Zumba game for Wii. I want it!