How long have you been tracking daily calories?

Options
Just started recently and was wondering how long some people have been at this calorie tracking, calorie budget and if they have any tips/advice/suggestions. Feel free to friend me as I can use the motivation from the experienced ones. Thanks

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am over 20 days.

frequent this website and download the app. if available for your phone.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    since april 2010, but 106 consecutive days...tracking really helps as do small, manageable changes to being more healthy and active! Good luck.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'll have been at it for 3 years as of April 15th. I used to just use a spreadsheet I made up on my own. MFP is much prettier and more fun!
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    on and off since last March, but after I found MFP, and got the iPhone app, pretty consistent. I think I'm on my 45th day in a row!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Over three months.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    omg ive been trying to log it on paper for the past few months...but after like 2 days i stop, then the next week ill do it again for a couple days. so i found this site via a facebook friend, and i just joined the site yesterday, or the day before, i dont remember and i officially start 2morrow. i spent a good part of my day today logging in my ingredients for the recipes i make most often. i made a lasagna tonight, and some garlic mozzerella bread, and yeah, im not trading in my big ol plate of that for a tiny one...so yeah TOMORROW!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    200 days, apparently :)

In the beginning it was a pain to find things that a) I liked, and b) fit into 3 (or 4) meals yet met the targets for protein, fat, carbs, etc.

Now, I've got to the stage where things generally add up ok - in other words, getting a balanced diet without going over has become second nature. This is definitely the best place to be!

Of course, I do sometimes get it wrong, but generally I know this before I've logged it.

Best tip for getting started? Eat a balance of things, don't get hung up on the idea of fruit and veg is king, avoid processed food where possible (too much salt usually) and drink plenty of water.

Also, when trying different things out, change just one thing at a time and stay consistent for a few days to really see whether it makes a difference.

Good luck on your journey!
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    One month anniversity was yesterday..love MFP.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Probably over a year on and off.

There are times when I just stop tracking them for a while and then come back to see if I'm over eating or under eating.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Every single day since August 9, 2010! And I love it!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Every day since 10th August 2010.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    Im at about 92 days i think :)
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been using this website daily for almost a month now and LOVE it....It really makes me accountable for what I eat.....and it motivates me to exercise since I can eat more if I do! I actually look forward to being under my calorie goal for the day...and I love seeing my "ticker" move when I lose weight.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP on March 14, 2010. Except for five days in Mexico the end if April I've tracked every bite, every day since then. And that's my advice, track 100% of everything you eat every single day. I even wish I could go back and enter everything I ate those days in Mexico so I could have a complete log.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    on and off since I was 16. sooo 8 years.

i sometimes go for a few days and other periods of a year or two