weight lifting

Options
hello there, So I work out everyday and I do weights about three times a week. I am a little unsure of how much to do, how many reps and how often to get lean toned muscles. thanks all

Replies

• kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hello there, So I work out everyday and I do weights about three times a week. I am a little unsure of how much to do, how many reps and how often to get lean toned muscles. thanks all
  • bethskiles
    Options
    :smile: I also go to a gym and try to go 3 times a week. A trainer at thg gym showed me a series a weights to use. He said to use enough weight that it was somewhat challenging but not so much that I couldn't use each machine at a pretty steady pace. I do 3 sets of 10 each. I bet there are others here with more experience in the gym that can give more information. Good luck.
  • smillermom
    Options
    I go to the gym daily and have worked with a trainer. He told me it was important to do the reps close to each other and move throughout the workout at a steady pace. I use weights that by the last set, there is a burning sensation but not uncomfortable. It all depends on what your goal is. Muscle building or toning. I do 3 reps of 12-15 for each target area. As soon as I finish one set of weights/exercise, I move right to the next. You can actually burn a lot of calories. I am working on strengthening my abdominal muscles and lower back
  • ladyhawk
    ladyhawk Posts: 101
    Options
    I go to the gym 4 x week. I use bodybuilding.com and enter the supersite then I search for workouts. You can find workouts for bulking or muscle toning for however many times per week you like. I find that their workouts are very challenging but gives me what I want. You can also look at the site for the different types of exercises if you're not sure what they are.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I just use 5-10 lbs weight for that around the chest area location, (for us big busted women) and I usualley do 3 sets of 15. Abount 3-4 days a week and I usually sit or lay on my big yoga ball.

It really helps.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    if your looking for lean and towned go with less weight and higher reps 12-20. 3 to 4 sets. good luck.
  • kathrynlouise
    kathrynlouise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks all! It is so helpful to be able to throw all of my questions out into the abiss of the internet and actually have people respond and help me out. It sounds like the best bet is about 15 reps of a low-med weight. Sweet. knowing is half the battle!