I'm new too

hughsmom
hughsmom Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. Linda from Wisconsin. Been fighting and losing the battle to lose over 140 pounds for ages. Gonna give this a try and see what help I can muster from the wisdom of mfp members. I do cardio and strength on a very regular basis, but I eat like an idiot - plain and simple.

I'm a single mom, high school teacher, local politician, bike trail advocate, football/little league mom, mom of 9 furkids, and much more. We are busy enough most of the time. Son is almost 10.

Will be nosing around here to see what's what. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

linda

Replies

• Hi. Linda from Wisconsin. Been fighting and losing the battle to lose over 140 pounds for ages. Gonna give this a try and see what help I can muster from the wisdom of mfp members. I do cardio and strength on a very regular basis, but I eat like an idiot - plain and simple.

I'm a single mom, high school teacher, local politician, bike trail advocate, football/little league mom, mom of 9 furkids, and much more. We are busy enough most of the time. Son is almost 10.

Will be nosing around here to see what's what. Looking forward to meeting some of you.

linda
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    welcome and good luck
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :smile: Welcome. The key for me was actually logging my food & exercise, once I did that I actually started seeing weight loss. Good luck!
  • this website will certainly help you with your eating habits! Seeing the numbers total up over the course of the day is enlightening, motivating,helpful and frustrating. Sometimes all at once, lol! My suggestion is to watch all your numbers (calories, protien, fat, carbs, fiber, etc) but to pick ONE of them at a time to improve. That's what i did. First i got my calorie count under control (well, most of the time, anyway) and then i worked on getting my protien grams up, and my fat grams down, and my sugar grams down (lots of diabetes in my family) and now Im workin on getting my fiber up.

The people here are very helpful and supportive. Don't hesitate to turn to any of us for advice or moral support!!!!
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome Linda :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.