Odd itchy kinda pain when I excersise

Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Don't know what it is lately but I haven't excersised for about over a month. I started a diet called Lighterlife which is a VLCD. Now before you guys bash me about how bad it is, I'm doing it knowing what the consequences 'may' be. But it's a risk I'm willing to take so please don't tell me to stop, I hear it way too much.

Using the cross trainer or elliptical trainer, my upper arms had this stingy and itchy kind of pain, it was a little painful but more irratable. Felt like as if my muscles where vibrating. But it wasn't the usual kind of vibrating motion that I normally feel when doing crunches for example when we shake a little. Same thing happened when I was running on the treadmill, had this horrible pain in my behind lol. It hurt really bad and I don't know what it is.

Does anyone know?

Replies

• etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    What is VLCD? Very Low Carb Diet?
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Very Low Calorie Diet
  • Sometimes when I haven't exercised in a while, I get a very uncomfortable itch. It is from the blood circulating more, I think. Since I am exercising more now, I don't get it, but if it is really unusual, see your dr.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Don't know what it is lately but I haven't excersised for about over a month. I started a diet called Lighterlife which is a VLCD. Now before you guys bash me about how bad it is, I'm doing it knowing what the consequences 'may' be. But it's a risk I'm willing to take so please don't tell me to stop, I hear it way too much.

Using the cross trainer or elliptical trainer, my upper arms had this stingy and itchy kind of pain, it was a little painful but more irratable. Felt like as if my muscles where vibrating. But it wasn't the usual kind of vibrating motion that I normally feel when doing crunches for example when we shake a little. Same thing happened when I was running on the treadmill, had this horrible pain in my behind lol. It hurt really bad and I don't know what it is.

Does anyone know?

I am very very sad for you my dear..to see you wrecking your whole future with the way you both have & are mistreating your precious body. You are only 19 for Gods sake and yet you say in your write up 'I've been fat all my life'. You are still a TEENAGER..your life has not yet begun..and even so you are setting yourself up to fail.
    Plkease throw away the lightelife foods and learn to eat a good healthy varied diet of fruits, veggies & lean proteins. Learn to eat the calories your body needs to exercise and you will end up with the 'look' and body you so desire.....the discomfort you are feeling is your body trying to tell you that you are abusing it..you will lose weight but it will be temporary.
    If you can't do it with the help of those here, then PLEASE seek medical advice. I do know wha I'm talking about.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Just a thought that maybe you aren't getting enough calories and are actually starting to burn muscle to fuel your body. I know you're on the VLCD, but maybe just try an extra 100 calories a day, or try to eat something healthy a bit before working out.
    Good luck!
  • I'm on a really low calorie diet and I don't ever feel like that.

You probably need some more protein.... A lot of LCD don't advise working out because of how little you're fueling your body, so if you're going to work out you'll need to increase your calories.
This discussion has been closed.