Hello MFP

Daxius
Daxius Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. With the coming of the new year, I decided, like millions of people out there probably, that I was going to work on my weight issues. I experience the typical yo yo weight loss and gain for most of my life. I was looking for a way to stop the up and down weight and wasnt really keen on writing everything I ate down in a food journal. So here I am. I have been on the site for a couple of weeks now and am seeing the weight go back down again. This time, I am taking the time to look at portion size and am measuring what I eat so that I can get a more accurate calorie count. (Curse you food database for being so specific!!! LOL)

Right now my motication is pretty high but I know that my lazy self is lurking in the shadows ready to ponce and lull me into a bag of chips and a cheeseburger. :wink: Just wanted to come on the boards for a little motivation and maybe find a few friends who can help me kick my lazy self when I need to. :happy:

Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• Congrats on coming on board, Keep up the good work and don't let that self pounce on you. I have also decided that if I want to eat chips I will, but I may not eat anything else. I think it is a bad idea to eliminate things that you love, just cut the portions to what the bag/package tells you and you can still enjoy.

3934618.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Hey, I know what you mean about up and down weight and the lazy self just munching on junk food, i have a smartphone and have the MFP app on it so all day it follows me around and i have no excuses not to write down what i eat. knowing i have to review any dietary 'mistakes' at the end of the day in writing helps really avoid the splurging. if i may ask, what was your suggested caloric intake? mine suggested 2850 and seemed really high
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    You can add me as a friend. I have been doing this for 3 weeks now. They say if you can get past 3 weeks it's no longer a habit but a lifestyle change. Let's hope that's true!
  • lipylewins
    lipylewins Posts: 1 Member
    Well today is my first day, and yep I have lots of work ahead of me. I'm the leader of our Tops group and I needed some help, and I think I'm going to get it from here!!!!!! Thanks everyone
  • Daxius
    Daxius Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice Mrsbudr. Right now I have to keep the chips away from me. still in that eat a whole bag mode since i just started. LOL

Marc, it has me for a little over 1600 calories with my goal being to lose 2 pounds a week. Seems a little low but that is what I am sticking to for now .
  • Jaypea15
    Jaypea15 Posts: 71 Member
    Hey and welcome. The site is the best thing as there are so many motivational people here, and were all working towards the same goal. I have been to slimming clubs galore, but find that I really want to do well, and be accountable to all of these new friends, of I am letting the side down.lol.
    Good luck in your journey, and we all have inner demons.
    The quote on my page says: The good Lord gave you a body which can stand almost anything, its the brain you have to convince!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    congrats on being on here. its a great place and the people are great. feel free to friend me. good luck. and we will all encourage you.
This discussion has been closed.