Starting over and looking for some weight loss buddies!

Options
Hi, My name is Lisa and I am starting all over in trying to lose weight. I am currently 193 and my goal is to be 150 by summer. After that, another 10-15 would be great, but those first 43lbs to me, are the most important and will put me in a healthy weight range.

I have 4 kids ranging from 6 to 19, I am 45 and live in NC currently. We are probably moving back to PA in the next couple of months.

I am trying to be more careful of what I eat, I have a bunch of annoying food allergies along with hypothyroidism, and I am peri-menopausal! I am walking every day and I just received the Michael Jackson Wii game in the mail today, so I am anxious to try that as well. I am also looking for a yoga class to take, because my house is just too busy to find any relaxing quiet time.

If anyone wants to be my weight loss buddy so we can cheer each other on, please send me a request!!!

Replies

• Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa :) Feel free to add me! Good luck, we can do this!!
  • carriehntr
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I'm new here and am finding out this is really working. Started at 154 and in two weeks down 4lbs...very happy. I want to lose a total of 15-20 to some that is not alot but I have been carrying it around for way to long
  • andie7984
    andie7984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi lisa,
    My name is Andrea and I would love to have a fitness buddy to help with the weight loss. Im working out at a gym currently and I havent seen the scale move at all, so encouragement would be good. Together we can do this. Send me a message or add me as a friend (I dont know how to do any of that yet).

Andrea
  • karlenasmith
    Options
    You can add me! I am 46, have 2 boys, 18 and 20. I live in western Nebraska. I weigh 189 and my goal is 140 but would be happy with 150 by May or June.

Good luck! This is an awsome sight, loved it the first time I got on.

Karlena
  • kloe135
    kloe135 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa:
    I'm hypothyroid also and had an emergency hysterectomy 2 years ago.....neither has done my weight any favors!! I have 40 pounds to lose and I would like a buddy also. I just logged my food today, for the first time ever. I'm looking at really monitoring mostly my snacking and getting back to consistent exercise.:happy:

Kloe
  • bonvechiomommy
    bonvechiomommy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would also love some weight loss buddies.. Right now I'm looking/trying to lose 20lbs. I'm 5 days in and excited for this year!
    Good luck, I know we can do this :-):glasses:
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa!

My name is Lisa also (as you can see). I am 48 and also have 4 boys, aged 22-17. Also suffer from hypothyroidism. I would like to lose another 30+ pounds. Started at 201 and am at 179 already. Working toward 140 by Nov. 2011. Just started this site in December 2010. It's a terrific site, easy to use. I've tried to enlist some of my friends to join me but have not gotten much interest. Guess they're just not ready. I also could use a little push. It's motivating to know that someone else is watching. My husband and some of my kids also use this site. We've all been successful using it.

Good Luck, hope to hear from you soon!:smile:

Lisa