Help!

Options
well im gonna eat 1100-1200 cal per day but if I loose 250-350 cals on excersie sand my net is 900 do I need to eat more

Replies

• pjames22
    Options
    It is my understanding that you are to eat back the calories you burn up during exercise. If you notice, they are added onto your total. At the end of the day, you should be as close to 0 calories remaining as you can.:smile:
  • mel_0920
    Options
    No, so long as you're intake in protein and carbs is sufficient to maintain your endurance strength.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Everybody on this site says eat your earned calories. I don't unless I want a larger meal, but for the most part I don't because I have so much fat to get rid of. I feel like if I eat the calories I burn then I'm negating the smaller meals. That's just my opinion. I don't be hungry so I don't eat them. But that's just me
  • sstoutccn
    Options
    Never go below 1200 net calories per day, or you will not only gain or not lose weight, you can do irrepairable harm to your body....
  • natalia994
    natalia994 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh ok so I don't have to..
    900 net calories is ok?
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    No. 900 net calories is not okay. Your body needs a certain amount of calories/energy to function properly. MFP already builds a deficit in to your daily calorie allottment so you do need to eat your exercise calories. I always try to get as close to my goal every day including eating all my exercise calories. I eat healthy and if I'm under, I chug a glass of milk or eat some peanut butter or something else healthy. I don't drink much alcohol these days and I have one "cheat meal" every Friday night where my wife and I eat whatever we want. I'm in the gym or outside running or biking 6X a week. To this point, I've lost weight every week. EAT your exercise calories and your body will respond the way you want it to.