Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Goin away for the Weekend!? How should i be eating?

So i'll be leaving tmrw and coming back on monday.. I cant be choicey when Im goin on the trip about what i eat and when we stop to eat or something(possibly mcds, bk or subwway) what woud be something good to keep in mind? Im trying not to go over, and this is probaly the wrong mind fram to have but i was thinkin i'd just start back up again when i get back, good idea or not?

Replies

• We are on the run a lot. There are always places to get a something healthy. Either a grilled chicken sandwich or a salad with a little bit of light dressing. You can eat healthy even while eating out. Good luck!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    you could always set your calories to maintenance, it'll be much better than going crazy when eating out. you could also pack healthy non perishable snacks and even stop at a grocery store so get other things during the trip. there are always healthIER choices at fast food places, just research different places and plan out what you could possibly get at each place.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    A few quick tips:

- Look up (maybe print out) the nutritional guides for these chains online and identify a few items that are relatively lean. I haven't eaten in any of them for years, but for example a grilled chicken wrap will probably be better than something fried. Also, McD offers oatmeal. There may be fruit salads.
    - Eat a *small* portion of fries, if you need them.
    - Portion control, portion control, portion control! A simple hamburger / cheeseburger is much less bad than any of the extra-super-special options.
    - Avoid sugary drinks (sodas) and milkshakes.
    - I've never eaten at a Subway, but I hear there are a few good options -- search the boards. Something like the turkey sandwich (6") with some changes to sauces and extra roasted vegetables (??).
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Carls jr has a very good hawaiian salad, and it is low cals too.... But if you chose salads just remember if the dressing is a cream dressing like, ranch then it will be higher cals.... subway is usually healthy.. I get the turkey 6 in with lost of veggies a little bit of light mayo... Mcdonalds fruit and oatmeal is really good and filling and about 120 cals...
  • doutri2
    doutri2 Posts: 186 Member
    If you get tired of Subway, then try a Mexican restaurant and order the steak fajitas. Try to stay away from excess carbs- like the chips and salsa. Also, you may want to pass on the margarita and get a glass of red wine instead. Better yet. No alcohol.
  • butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    If you absolutely have no choice but to go for McDonalds, there are some options that are healthier than others. I don't know about the chain outside of the UK, but here if all my friends decide to eat there, and I'm hungry, I'll order a chicken sandwich, asking them to hold the mayonnaise (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, I suppose it depends on their mood!) and instead of ordering fries, I'll ask for a salad, and instead of a coke, I'll ask for a bottle of water/orange juice.

Fast food is still not healthy, but when it's the only option, there's always little ways to cut down just how bad it COULD be