What is your net calorie goal, and is working for you ?

jmbender4
jmbender4 Posts: 21
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I am curious to what works for everyone. I realize that it has to do with your current weight gender and such. I don't want to go too low, because I know I could not keep that up for long, but I want to be low enough to loose weigh a little faster.

I just switched from 1500 calorie goal to the recommended 1370 goal.

Thanks for the input :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mine is 1200 and it's been working pretty well for me. I'm a 26-year-old female, 180 pounds, and 5'7".
  • bump...I'm curious too. I often wonder if my net is too high or too low.
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Im suppose to intake close to 2200 a day .... I try to take in 1500 to 1600 a day but I normally NET about 900 - 1000 .... I REALLY CANT IMAGINE EATING MORE but I know I need to :ohwell:

Im a LARGE female 5'9" 400lbs.
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    This is only my second week here. I use the 1200 recommended, but I try to eat all (without going over) exercise calories. At the end of the day, I'm usually have eaten around 1700 calories.
    I need to eat a little less than 2k calories to maintain my current weight without exercise

so for
    2000 cals a day x 7 days a week = 14000 cals a week to maintain weight
    1200 cals a day x 7 days a week = 8400 cals a week on diet

14000 - 8400 = 5600 calories saved per week on diet
    5600 / 3500 calories in a lbs = 1.6lbs lost per week on diet

That said I lost double that this week :ohwell: I hope it's just because its the first weigh in. I admit I thought the 1200/day was way low..its what the BL contestants eat, in addition to all that exercise. Then I saw that you can "eat" your exercise calories, so it didn't seem that bad.
  • Mine was at 1500 to lose 1 lb. a week, but I've plateaued recently and decided to lower it a little. 1350 will be tough, but it will hopefully work!
  • I eat about 1500 calories a day, I don't eat my exercise calories and in the last 5 months I've binged about 5 times. The total excess of my combined binges is about 20,000 calories. Wow, that's close to six pounds. I don't weigh in until the first of the month but I think i will have lost about 81 pounds in that five months. Very happy with that.
  • I keep seeing it on different posts; what is bump?
  • Thanks everyone!! I too eat my exercise calories. On the days I don't exercise I have a really hard time staying under my goal. I don't really binge (not yet, not like before I was watching), but have plenty of days over my goal. I feel like if I go down to 1200 net, I will start bingeing.
  • jonathandavid_t
    jonathandavid_t Posts: 107 Member
    Target 1800 kcal/day, including eating all exercise calories, to aim to lose 1lb/week. 77kg male, sedentary activity level.

I have to admit, despite sticking to all the numbers almost every day, I'm don't feel that I'm having a huge amount of success. Still, I'm only 3 weeks into this, and I'm guessing that the last 2 weeks of being at the gym regularly is meaning that I'm gaining muscle mass at a similar rate to losing fat mass, so my weight isn't changing hugely. I've lost 2 lbs. But to be honest I don't care at all what the scales say; I want to go from a 36.5 inch waist to an approx-33 inch waist, and have some muscle definition.

"bump" seems to be what people here do to subscribe to a topic (>>"My Topics"), as these message boards don't have a subscribe-to-thread option. Traditionally it's used to "bump" an old-but-interesting thread to the top of a list of topics.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Bump brings a thread back to the top.

I am 5' 9" my net is 1620. I put it there because I want to lose a pound a week. I just checked my report and saw that I am usually between 1200- 1600 cals. I sometimes eat my exercise cals, but not all the time.
  • im so lost with the net calorie thing. so should i worry more about my net calorie intake rather than my calorie goal? my calorie goal is 1200 and i also work out my net usually 1100 yesterday was 1189 and when i completed my day it said i was under goal. oh and i ended up eating 1333. so yeah does the goal not even matter, is it all about the net to lose weight? thanks
This discussion has been closed.