Can you recommend a good cardio workout DVD?

Options
Hi all,
Well, I finally took the celophane wrapping off the Turbo Jam DVD's I bought about 4 years ago. Have done 2 (of the 5) workouts and really like them so far. Although my uncoordinated butt is having a hard time keeping up but that's just because she moves from one move to the next so fast. By the time I figure out what she's doing, she's on to the next :)
Anyway, I don't have a Wii, or xbox but was wondering if anyone has any other favorite cardio DVD workouts that they like? I broke my back in May, so I need something that doesn't involve a lot of twisting (still working on building my back strength up at this point). As dorky as it sounds I was even thinking of checking out Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies! I just need something fun where I am MOVING for 30 minutes or longer. I don't belong to a gym and my treadmill is getting boring. I like the Turbo Jam, but am worried I'll get sick of doing the same one so would like to have others to mix it up a bit.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Leah

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Okay, I love Love Love Love TurboJam. I was 240 pounds when I started and I could not even finish them. Now, I am awesome at them. I can do them without looking at her. Hang in there, do them every day, and you will be amazed.

So with that being said, I highly suggest you try Chalene's TurboFire DVD set. Another fabulous one that people are in love with becaus of the interval training, burning tons of calories even when you are done exercise. Check it out.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    PS: I am also doing ChaLEAN Extreme which is a boot camp to work on muscles -- lost 10-3/4 inches in 3 weeks. Love it too. I interchange this with TurboJam!!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i like hip hop abs
    im also doing 30 day shred
    and i'll be starting banish fat boost metabolism which i hear is a good cardio workout
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The ones I SWEAR by are all the jillian micheal dvds 30 day shred, which is a combination of cardio w weights so you get all aspects. she has a great all cardio workout called banish fat boost metablism! its great. and another one that keeps your heartrate up but focuses on strength and thats called no more trouble zones. all of her dvds are awsome! Bob harper also has new fitness dvds out now his cardio one is crazy and def keeps you challenged its called body rev/cardio conditioning and he also has a strength one called pure burn super strength. I have all of these and rotate them when i workout at home. they are all really great and get your heartrate wayy up there :) they def do the trick. pretty much the only fitness dvds I stick with cause they actually work and are not a waste of time
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    INSANITY and P90X hands down
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I do the walk at home byLeslie Sansone.I really like them and they are WAY more than walking in place!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    P90X is my all time fav!! I like 30 Day Shred too. That is what I'm doing now.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Cardio Max & JM 30 Day Shred! Also, I don't know if you have a Netflix account or not, but if you do, you can watch workout DVDs instantly from your computer (and with the right connecting cables, you can wire it to your TV). They have a good mix of videos!

Good luck to you! Sorry to hear about your back... but glad you are still on track! How inspiring!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    TURBO FIRE is my soul mate workout!!!! I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches during my first 20 week round.

Sharon
  • mama2pax
    Options
    I've been doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD from a few years ago, and it is pretty good but I can see that I will probably need to transition to something more difficult soon. Thanks for the suggestions! How do you think Jillian's 30 day shred would measure up to the Cardio Max? Anyone tried both?
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i had been suggested to try exercisetv.tv its a great website. i have done some cardio that was great, but i was tired one day and i decided to do leslie sansone walking dvd. i absolutely agree, its a lot more than walking. the 3 mile walk, which i have never done, was 45 minutes and it actually flew by, and you can decide how far and how much you want to do. which is even better. ive worked out to many others and have never sweated as much as i have during this one, haha, i sound like a spokeswoman, haha. im glad somebody recommended these. like i said, they are also awesome because she even says, it doesnt matter which leg you are doing, if you cant do the exercises, thats ok, and thats nice. this is the trainer i recommend
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Instead of the sweating to the oldies, can I recommend Masala Bhangra? It isn't going to change your life but it is fun and it gets you moving. For those days when your more intense workout is feeling a little stale!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i had been suggested to try exercisetv.tv its a great website. i have done some cardio that was great, but i was tired one day and i decided to do leslie sansone walking dvd. i absolutely agree, its a lot more than walking. the 3 mile walk, which i have never done, was 45 minutes and it actually flew by, and you can decide how far and how much you want to do. which is even better. ive worked out to many others and have never sweated as much as i have during this one, haha, i sound like a spokeswoman, haha. im glad somebody recommended these. like i said, they are also awesome because she even says, it doesnt matter which leg you are doing, if you cant do the exercises, thats ok, and thats nice. this is the trainer i recommend

I just started doing the 3 mile but I do it twice and im dripping sweat when im done.I love it
  • Hijinxed_Heather
    Hijinxed_Heather Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Zumba DVD set. I'm in the gym 3 days a week for my cardio and do Zumba at home the remaining days [leaving Sunday as my 'off day' ]. It's fun and I don't see myself getting tired of it any time soon. It's hard to get used to at first [if you're not a dancer like me], but I just follow along and add my own flare to it while still keeping with the workout.

I have also had some experience with Insanity by Sean T. Be prepared for it to kick your rear every time you do a workout. It's great for people with a strong mentality. I hope to work up to where I can be confident with sticking to the Insanity schedule. Until then, I'll stick to Zumba. =)