Best deals on Active wear

Options
I am looking at buying some active wear but seeing how I have never bought or wore it before I really don't know the first thing about it. I don't want to spend a considerable about of money because I am in the middle of my weight loose journey.

What are some decent lower priced brands? and where can I find some good deals.
Including shoes. I am having terrible luck with Champions which is a shame because in the past I have had good luck with them for going to the gym.

Please HELP!

Replies

• strongdog68
    Options
    I buy a lot of my wife's active wear at Target. Look for the C9 styles. They provide great performance at a good price. C9 also last a long time. I also have a lot of C9 sirts, shorts, and sweats, and I like them as well as pieces that I have that cost twice as much. When it comes to shoes, don't skimp here. Buy what fits you. You can always buy on sale. You can usually get some great deals on last years styles that are left over. Have fun shopping!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has great work out clothes. Also Wal-Mart has the Danskin brand which is nice as well.
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was going to mention Old Navy as well. You can usually find some really great things on clearance.
  • rachel122986
    Options
    C9 clothes at target are great I just bought shorts yesterday for$ 5 a pair and that's the normal price and there t's were on sale for$ 5 too. They have a great new bra that pulls over and has a clasp. Overall they workout clothes are great with a great variety. I have reebok zigzags for my shoes they were$ 100 which is a lot to me but they are amazing!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    JC Penny's online store has a brand called Xersion. I've bought a few of their workout tops in different print styles and they are great prices.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I figure the old sweat pants that are falling off me need to go and soon!
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!!! That has to feel fantastic!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    If you have a Nordstrom Rack or TJ Maxx near you they sometimes have great deals on name brand workout stuff. I got some cute yoga capris for $17 last week at NR
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out myself (on begining of week 3) and I have found Target to be a great place for workout clothes. You may also want to try Ross if you have those near you, I picked up 2 pairs of pants and a top for super cheap but its always hit or miss with Ross.

As far as shoes go, I wont stress enough how much a good pair of shoes is worth to you. If you have to save up for them do it! I bought myself some Nike's which are $150+ shoes sometimes but you find a fit for you and they are very helpful.
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was just at TJ Maxx tonight and got a couple new sports bras, a few were even $5. They have an active wear section and their prices are great!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I worked at TJ Maxx for years! I need to get in there I just know how much money I spend there! and I doubt it would be on active wear!
  • carolynbe
    carolynbe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This answer is going to be the opposite of what you asked. You are working hard for your new body so you owe it to yourself to buy good fitting, good performing, good looking workout wear. Workout wear that fits well and moves with you allows you to concentrate on your workout. My personal obsession is Lululemon Athletica. To me, they are they best performing and the best fitting for women. It is pricey. Very pricey. However - #1) they often have markdown racks (& a clearance site on their website) where I've bought tops for 50-70% off ($14-24, regular price is ~$52) Bottoms will be more but you can still find them on markdown. I've also done well buying new pieces cheaply from ebay, AND #2) When you have sized out of it, you can resell it on ebay for what you paid for it or more. I've owned lots of athletic wear from everybody - Nike, Addidas, Danskin and more - but I like Lululemon the best. It is the most flattering and best fitting workout wear I've ever owned. Buying new workout wear is one way I reward myself for going to the gym.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I found some great deals at D!ck's Sporting Goods on the clearance racks. Nike, Reebok, UnderArmor, Adidas. Same goes for Ross, TJ Max & Marshalls. Kohl's has good sales sometimes, and are even better when you have a coupon too. And Target... I got a moisture-wicking tee for $7.50 there the other day, but it was in the seasonal section, not the clothing section.