Hi from Canada:)

Options
Just wanted to officially introduce myself (even though I've been on the site for close to two years lol!) My name is Jen from Alberta, Canada and man has it been cold here lately! Anyways, would love to meet people on here that can help keep me motivated to lose the last fifteen before my trip to Thailand in November;)

Replies

• licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yes it is very cold here in Canada. We hit the -43 C with the wind, it was sooo cold.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Bonjour, from Quebec. You'll love this site, it's awesome. Add me if you want. Do you have a lot of snow there? Here is like a white out and freezing. LOL
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm a fellow albertan, best of luck on your journey!! I'm here for ya!
  • ClearCanada
    Options
    Hello from Toronto. I just saw the King's Speech. Really good movie, but I had a large popcorn and blew my calorie count. Can I blame the monarchy? Please?
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hi from Ontario!! We have a fun group for 20-somethings desperately lacking a Canadian flare. If you're interested and want some MEGA motivation, check it out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/159938-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-january-challenge

We start a new thread every 1st of the month, so Feb 1st we'll be starting fresh once again! Friend me if you like and you can hop into the "Challenge" any time you feel like it!

Best of luck meeting your goals!

Meag
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *waves from Edmonton*
    Heya,

Just had to mention , am so envious of your upcoming trip! *L*
  • awilliams0209
    awilliams0209 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely cold in Indiana too. Good Luck with the last 15 lbs :)
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Yes it has been really gross here lately! Not surprising I guess lol. Today was -29 although the last couple days were around 6 degrees which almost felt like Spring! We just came back in November from Bali (which is heaven on earth by the way. Definitely a place to check out), and Im missing the plus 40 degree whether, not to mention the beautiful beaches! Hopefully, Summer comes quickly and then November and I'll be lounging on the beach again!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *L*
    I was raised in Bermuda.. yet here I am landlocked and freezing in Alberta.
    I SO miss warm winters and having the ocean close by.

Bali.. nice! on my list of places I 'must' reach someday.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    That would be tough growing up in the tropics and then having to endure Canadian winters....brrr!

I would definitely but Bali on your list of "must reach" someday. I bawled my eyes out when I had to leave!