what time of day shall i weigh myself

Options
i can be like 3 pounds heavier or lighter at different parts of the day when should i weigh myself so i can keep track properly?

Replies

• jillerin457
    Options
    It doesn't matter as long as you do it at the same time every day. However, I think most people find they weigh less in the morning. I know I do!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Most people weigh in the morning, but it doesn't really matter as long as you are consistent about weighing at the same time of day. If you find it works best for your life to do it in the evening before dinner, do that every day. Consistency is more important than the actual time.
  • dacomstock
    Options
    In the morning is when you are at your true weight. This is the best time to weigh. The further in the day, food and water effect your actual weight.
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning right after you go to the bathroom
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I go for the morning weigh in after I have completely woken up. I don't drink nor eat until I have finished my weigh in. :)
  • MugetsuNoYoru
    Options
    personally i do it after my morning jog and i always strip down to my boxers. as long as you always do it on the same time and day and wear similar clothes you should be able to keep good track of your progress. i would also recommend doing it only once a week.
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning bc I weigh less and it boost mr up for the rest of the day :)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning here.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning here.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after you use the bathroom.
  • kd100
    kd100 Posts: 21
    Options
    ok thanks i will weigh myself in the morning
  • lsmith333
    Options
    i weigh in first thing in the morning, every morning, to keep me on track. I record the weight once a week on Thursdays for my personal purposes. That is the weight I post here.

I weigh in at TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) on Thursday nights at 6:00. It fluctuates and is always several pounds higher. Hate it!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The most important part is the same time every day so it is always consistent. I like to get up in the morning, use the washroom and then weight my self before I eat or drink. I find I weight the less then after spending the day eating and gaining water weight for the day. I also think it is important to do it the same day every week.