It's not a cheat, it's a binge

Options
I binged on cinnamon almonds today and it's impossible to burn the excess off at this point. I'm 505 over. I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll just not eat back my exercise cals. Or aim for 500 less than usual. What would you do?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I might split the difference. Eat normally, but try to burn 200 or so extra. Or not worry about it. Yes, it's a binge, but 500 calories won't cause you to gain if you don't repeat it.
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    Well I understand what your going through, today was my "fat" day and I ate 3 slices of pizza and I worked it all off when I got home but, If there is no way for you to do that I would maybe exercise a little more than usual to burn off the excess calories tomorrow :)
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You could try to eat less tomorrow, or work out a little more; it doesn't have to all even out though. It's ok to make a mistake now and again, so don't beat yourself up or anything. Just get back on track tomorrow. :smile:
  • sonpet
    sonpet Posts: 16
    Options
    We all have those days..I think the thing to remember is that unless you can incorporate your diet into your "normal" life it will not become a long term life change! ...Guess what everyone has to indulge once in awhile..it's normal just move on and don't beat yourself up about it!
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I havent gone over in my calories in weeks...tonight I'm 400 calories over after a girls night. I would just move forward and forget if I were you, remember how bad you felt about it, and call it a night! :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just eat a normal, healthy amount. The idea is to develop lifelong healthy habits. Leave the past in the past where it belongs. Don't try to play catch up. Learn from it and move on.