New here-need an answer

This might sound a bit newbie, but if some one could explain this chart for me it would be good.

Daily net calorie goal: 1,820
+ calories burned: 1,541
- calories consumed: 1,447
Calories remaining: 1,914

Calories remaining, does this mean I have to eat so much more, and can some one tell me if it means I have burnt off more then I have consumed today?

:)

Replies

• libeks
    libeks Posts: 3
    This might sound a bit newbie, but if some one could explain this chart for me it would be good.

Daily net calorie goal: 1,820
    + calories burned: 1,541
    - calories consumed: 1,447
    Calories remaining: 1,914

Calories remaining, does this mean I have to eat so much more, and can some one tell me if it means I have burnt off more then I have consumed today?

:)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Yes...this is saying that you burned more than you consumed. You are looking to eat 1820 calories per day. You ate 1447 and burned 1541. How did you burn that much? That is a lot. When I take a spinning class for an hour and weight life for an hour...that's like 1000 calories and that's a lot. I'm curious what you are doing!

*Kistinbee*
  • I agree. How do you burn that many calories. I'd love to know myself
  • I easy it depend on the equipment you used at the gyn and what the intense you do it at I have been burning 700 to 877 a day. The elliptical I on it for about 45 minutes on level 3 manual level, that's total body workout.
  • libeks
    libeks Posts: 3
    I walk about four to five hours a day, that usually do the trick. And the good thing is that I really don't have a choice, cos my kids goes to school far from where we live so that makes four trips a day!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I walk about four to five hours a day, that usually do the trick. And the good thing is that I really don't have a choice, cos my kids goes to school far from where we live so that makes four trips a day!

Wow you DO walk a lot!! :bigsmile:
    And as posted before you can walk at a normal pace on a treadmill with an incline for about 2 to 3 hours and burn that much. I have done that without thinking and watched a movie at the same time.
    There is a scientist in California that has removed almost all chairs from his offices, every desk is a standup desk and each desk is attached to a treadmill. Most of the people in his office have lost about 40 pounds each. And they LOVE IT! He also took out the vending machines and supplies fresh fruit to his employees. (We have the fresh fruit where I work too. I LOVE IT!) WEE :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: They all say that they feel better, One of them got to go off her diabetes meds because of her health improvement. HOW KWEL IS THAT? Mind you they are keeping a pace of about 1.5 to 2.0 so they barely notice it. But it WORKS!
    --Diann...