NewOne from Chicago Area

Options
Hi - I just joined recently and just found this community section. I'm a stay at home mom with 2 boys (ages 6 and 3 1/2 yrs old). Since hitting 40 almost 2 years ago, the pounds seem to have started to stay on. I never really had to worry about weight before, so this is frustrating for me. I am also Gluten Free due to Celiac Disease, and all the gluten free items seem to have so much more fats and calories in them to make them tasty.

I'm looking forward to finding some support on this site and have already discovered how valuable it is to track you foods and how easy this site makes it. Thank you for creating it!

If anyone else out there has Celiac Disease or is Gluten Free for other reasons, I'd love to connect and talk about our alternatives, as well as others who aren't gluten free.

Here's to a New ALL Of Us in 2011

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Chicago... what part are you from?
  • luckyinlife
    luckyinlife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi from Yorkville :)
  • mrogus
    mrogus Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm in Chicago too!! ANd this site does work. I never thought I would be counting calories but my sister in law's started and one of them lost 50 pounds. She led me to this site and I thought I would give it a try. In 4 weeks I have lost 12 lbs!
  • CSausage
    CSausage Posts: 345
    Options
    Hello. Chicago west burb here!
  • kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! NW Burb here!
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm from Lisle SAHM to a 10 year old boy and 6 year old girl.
  • ANewMe_2011
    Options
    Sorry, forgot to check the boards. I'm in Western Suburbs (North Aurora) now but originally from Addison/Elmhurst area.