Just tried Vitatop....

Options
I have heard everyone raving about Vitatops, so I had to try one. I got the Deep Chocolate. It was pretty good, but I am not sure that I think it is worth the price. A pack of four was ON SALE for 4.69. I guess it was worth it. When I used to eat Three Musketeers bars all the time, I paid about a dollar each for those. (3 M bars are my absolute FAVORITE thing in the world!) :love:

What is your fav flavor or those Vitatops? Do you think that they are worth the price?

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I just tried the deep chocolate ones on Sunday for the first time. Some folks love them, but I was unimpressed. And yes, they are a bit pricey. I was willing to fork over the $ if they were really great & have them on the weekends as a treat. But I'm gonna pass on that idea. Like I said, I know some who love them, so to each his/her own. :happy:
  • genevaturtle
    genevaturtle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the cranbran muffintops! At my local grocery store (Publix), they are $4.69 regularly. Sometimes they do go on sale for buy 1 get one free, I load up!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The corn bread ones, toasted with a little spritz of I Can't Believe it's Not Butter on top are amazing!!
  • maviolette
    maviolette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like the bananna nut. Didn't care for the chocolate one though. Have to try cranberry, that one sounds yum.
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have tried the "deep chocolate" vitatops (from Costco), and I found them to be ok, but a bit dry. I microwaved it until the chocolate chips were gooey, which helped, but it was a bit dry on it's own. I found a tip on MFP to break up a chocolate vitatop, add some of your favourite yogurt on top, and then top with fresh fruit.

I tried this with a chocolate vitatop, cherry yogurt, and fresh strawberries and it was great! The fibre and protein in the vitatop filled me up, and it tasted like dessert. So now I think I'll buy more of them, for afternoon snacks with plain yogurt and fruit.

If anyone else has other "recipes" for them, I'm open to ideas!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    When I can cook a healthy meal to feed a family of 3 for the price of one pack of 4 muffins - sorry, out of my price range even for a special snack!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I love the Banana Nut, they're a little overpriced in my opinion but so yummy.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM! They remind me of brownies (if you have a good imagination! ;)

I buy them at Costco. They are $9.99 for a 12 pack. I like to warm them in the microwave for just under a minute. I added a few tablespoons of Free Cool Whip and fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) Sometimes I add some peanuts or chocolate syrup. It's a really YUMMY light snack and, like I said before if you have a good imagination, can taste like a brownie sundae =)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options

I buy them at Costco. They are $9.99 for a 12 pack. I like to warm them in the microwave for just under a minute. I added a few tablespoons of Free Cool Whip and fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) Sometimes I add some peanuts or chocolate syrup. It's a really YUMMY light snack and, like I said before if you have a good imagination, can taste like a brownie sundae =)

We don't have Costco here. We have Sam's (which is pretty much the same thing). I will have to check Sam's because 999 for a 12 pack is MUCH better!
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ive tried the Deep Chocolate and the Apple Crumble ones. They're alright. Not worth the price though. At the Safeway by my place, they're $3.69 for a box of 4. I wouldn't buy them again.
  • JoJo1953
    JoJo1953 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love them. Sitting here right now eating one for my afternoon snack. Love the chocolate but thats my weakness. Yes a little pricey but what isn't:flowerforyou:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I was going to post this exact same information. The other thing that I love is that it helps me meet my vitamin goal for the day. I'm not a big fan of one a day vitamins because if I haven't eaten yet them make my stomach upset, but one of these a day puts me over the top for all my essential nutrients. Plus, I think they're delicious, especially considering how healthy they are. I haven't tried anything but the Deep Chocolate since that's the only flavor I can find here.

I imagine putting some light ice cream over top would be great too!
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I love Vitatops in chocolate, but you're right they are pricey.

They do sell the muffin mix, at least they used to, I haven't bought them in awhile. The muffin mix makes 12 muffins I believe and costs about the same as the 4 pack.
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    I agree, they are pricey for what you get. I bought some at Target, but was surprised at the sugar content. I hear they have sugarfree ones. You can purchase a sugar-free cake mix at Albertson's and make your own!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I will have to look at my local Costco and see if they carry them. I just looked online and they are crazy here in Canada. $18-$22 per 12 muffins, depending on the flavour and I don't think that includes shipping, but I might be wrong!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I agree they are a bit pricey, but they are really good when I'm craving chocolate or cake. Plus, they're loaded with fiber.

I, too, stocked up when Publix had them BOGO a few weeks back.

Deep chocolate is my favorite. Yummy!
  • cath129
    cath129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    good fix for chocolate craving but definitely not worth the price
  • ababygrace
    Options
    So far I tried the deep chocolate and liked them. They taste like a brownie. They were expensive so I won't buy them all of the time. If you look at the vita top website, sometimes they have special plus more of a variety.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    Specials:bigsmile: *
  • karlenasmith
    Options
    Not sure what these Vitatops are, and maybe I am comparing apples with oranges, but there are Lara Bars which are a whole, natural, raw food bar, and they are wonderful. Packed full of nutrients and they taste yummy too.

Oops! Forgot to tell you, they have them at Walmart for $1.08 a bar or you can buy a box and its only like .77 cents a bar, something like that.