Another question for the ladies...

Options
I've seen a lot of girls on here say that they eat a lot more when it's their TOM. I had never really noticed any changes in my body or appetite during TOM. But I have just recently stop taking the pill - as advised by my doctor. It's my first TOM since not being on the pill and i have been snacking heaps! So i'm guessing this is normal...but i have a question: If you're on the pill, do you not get the munchies as you do when you're not on the pill?

Also, the girls that do get the munchies - does it last the whole time, or just the first couple of days?

Thanks for any answers or feedback! =)

Replies

• suziehomemaker
    Options
    i dont know about all the other women out there but when it gets anywhere near TOM i snack like a starved idiot..... not a great thing when your watching what you eat ;)
  • LizzieBrayden
    Options
    When I used to have a TOM, I never got the munchies. In fact, I ate less as I just didn't feel hungry at all! I don't have TOMs anymore, and have noticed that those times of absent hunger no longer show up either. :)
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also do tend to eat more around TOM.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    During my TOM I eat more solid protein to keep myself from wanting to snack.
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I didn't get the munchies on the pill. Now that I'm not on it, I get the munchies usually 1-2 days before TOM and I usually calm down when TOM starts. Gotta love being a girl:tongue:
  • Tipring
    Tipring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I get the munchies too. Not on the pill. It does go away after a couple of days. If my calorie counter is good, I usually try to make a smoothie. But when I don't have room on the calorie counter for a snack I suffer, like right now!! I want chocolate so bad, and water is just not doing the job. So, just a couple more minutes and I will go to bed. No snack, no beer, no nothing! I am determined to get through this, I hope...
  • megalicious24
    Options
    When I get time of the month I get the munchies like eating was about to go out of style. It usually lasts for about the first 2 days for me and then I cool out after that. So I dont feel guilty about the snacking and cravings I keep some rice cakes around for when I am in the mood for something salty and jello when I want something sweet. Neither is really good to eat in excess but at least it keeps me from eating that darn red velvet cake and those nachos.
  • kkelley81
    Options
    I tend to crave sweets for the couple days before TOM and a couple days into it then my appetite decreases for the remainder of the time.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The week before I eat like a famished refugee and the week of usually nothing interests me so it balances itself.
  • Chazz0r
    Chazz0r Posts: 35
    Options
    Sometimes i'm hungry the whole time, but other times it doesnt really bother me.
  • LaurenMi
    LaurenMi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am usually REALLY hungry the few days before and less hungry than average during.
  • ethanf1992
    Options
    Wait, who's Tom.

I'm kidding. sense of humor :D
  • FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I never got the munchies before i was on the pill and i dont get them now.....well i guess you could say i have the munchies all of the time but it has never increased during TOM.....in fact i have little to any signs that TOM is coming except for the fact that im done a pack of pills....if i wasnt on the pill i would never know!! lol
  • crazeness
    Options
    Wait, who's Tom.

I'm kidding. sense of humor :D

Lol!! :laugh:
  • crazeness
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like chocolate at that time of the month but that is usually the only thing that seems different.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I tend to crave sweets for the couple days before TOM and a couple days into it then my appetite decreases for the remainder of the time.

This is what I do also.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    For me it varies. There's times when its that tom I can't stand the thought of eating! And then there are the times that I'm in a snacking mood.
  • pbeckford
    Options
    Thank so much ladies. I have become so discouraged on my diet. I am working extremely hard and I am not losing and to make matters worse..... ALL OF A SUDDEN I was soooooo hungry and I didn't understand it. I finally decided to look on MFP boards and I found postings explaining this is common for women before their TOM. I was hungry for about 5-6 days and now I'm good. So I guess It is safe to say a week before TOM I will be hungry and I will need to increase my fiber and protein to help. Thanks for sharing!

869645.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    so during T o m. yes i get the munchies theres cravings for things that i wont have for weeks lol
    things like chocolate, ice cream, donuts, hot cheetos, candy.
    its truely horrible...... lol