Scary, HAPPY, then pretty cool!

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
SCARY:
I got up this morning around 05:30 to go to the gym and I heard my 8 month old son struggling to breathe. I internally freaked out and calmly and purposely got ready as fast as I could and took my son to the ER. Long story short, 7 hours, 6 breathing treatments and 2 doctors later, we were released with an inhaler to only be used if needed.

HAPPY:
My son took a long nap when we got home and is currently being fed a bottle by my husband and is breathing very well. He is doing great.

PRETTY COOL:
During his nap I went to the gym and started running on the treadmill. I was listening to loud music and feeling pretty motivated. I kept thinking if my 8 month old is strong enough to breathe even though he was really struggling through all the breathing treatments, what the heck do I have to complain about. Another long story short, I ran a 5K. I was really motivated by my son. He is such a little trooper. I usually hate to run and I ran 3.2 miles!! Also, I lost 2 more pound. 81 pounds so far.

So all in all, all is well in my house hold!

Replies

• NimotheFrog
    Options
    Good job! It's amazing where you can find motivation some times ^_^
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    I'm glad all is well for you and really good job on your 5k... i hope soon i will be able to continue running that long
  • crazeness
    Options
    Glad your little one is ok and a job well done at the gym!
  • TeddyCharlton
    TeddyCharlton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is beautiful thanks for sharing. My son has a nebuelizer as well, he is eleven and had RSV as an infant. He now has asthma and we are just beginning antigen shots. How wonderful your son has you as a role model of health and determination!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that your little one is okay. That is terrifying. Great job turning it into fuel!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    TROOPER!! I love these stories! Such a motivation! Glad your little one is ok!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    wow!!! very impressive!! so glad that your little angel is doing well!! that had to be so scary!
  • classyleo77
    classyleo77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So glad your little one is ok. And congrats on the 5k!!! What a great feeling.
  • michelleladd
    Options
    Glad your little one is ok and a job well done at the gym!

Ditto! Wow, quite a day!!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    Glad you son is ok and congrats on the running
  • green83eyes
    green83eyes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! Really moving and motivating!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
    I hope you son feels better soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!