UGH!!!!

Options
I'm so upset! For the past almost 2 weeks I have been staying at my 1200 calories, I only went over 2 times and it was less than 100 calories. I weighted myself today and I haven't lost ANY weight in fact I gained a pound. I want to not eat anything and just sit here and cry....needing some encouragement....

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    TOM? That gets me every time. Also, do you measure? I just started measuring last week. This week I lost less than a pound, but lost 1 inch on my waist! That kept me going when I would have been really bummed about the micro loss otherwise. Keep at it. When the scale moves again, it will probably make up for the 2 weeks! Make sure you keep eating enough!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't eating enough...

You can search the forum for information on starvation mode. Maybe it will give you some direction?
  • Dom80
    Dom80 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    TOM, water weight from exercising, a number of things could have contributed. I agree you need to be measuring. I went 2 weeks with no losing anything, in fact i gained 4 lbs but my measurements show I was losing. If you exercise you are building muscle. It will be ok. Look at the bigger picture. Do you feel better? Over the last 3-4 weeks have you lost anything? If yes, then dont worry about it. Give it time.
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bigger picture.....Yes I do feel better, more energy and a better attitude. So I will stick with it and I'm getting my tape measure out right now. Thanks!
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Two things come to mind;

1). Have you been watching your sodium intake ? If you have too much sodium then it can cause you to retain water.

2). Measure yourself, dont get focused on the scales - the aim for me is to be smaller and healthier so if I loose inches by converting the weight of fat to the weight of muscle ( which is more dense and therefore takes up less space ) then I would be happy with that every day.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Read the last line of the write up (link below)

The answer here is quite complete and it will save me a lot of typing. I strongly recommend calculating your own daily caloric needs based on age, height, weight, resting pulse and activity level. It takes a little math but there are a ton of good sites out there to teach you how. Do not just assume this website is correct because it is often not. For example, have you ever seen the find your average heart rate by taking 220 - your age? Do you realize that those numbers only fit one in every four people? Read that one again........

http://optimalbodyweight.com/qa/weight-loss-tips/body/starvation-mode-weight-loss
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Take measurements you might have lost inches, and gain muscle. Have you been watchin' your Sodium intake? (that is my weakness) Have you been drinkin' 8+ glasses a day of water?...Are you on steady workout program? Best wishes xo
  • keltra007
    keltra007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also am doing the 1200 cal a day . I have to remind myself that 1200 IS NOT A LOT so you cant beat yourself up on days that you go over or crave. I've been doing this for about 30 days now with just a few slip ups and I promised myself I would only weigh-in once a month. I weighed last night and I was fighting back tears of disappointment. It took a lot of self-encouragement and I had to adjust the way I was viewing the loss.... I am completely ok with anything I lose at this point. I didnt gain my weight over night so its not going to come off over night. A little bit at a time... hang in there.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It took me about a month to start losing. The exercise was causing me to hold water in my muscles. Once my body got used to it, the weight was coming off. You should also try eating your exercise calories. That was the trick for me.
  • bmbellamy
    bmbellamy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Most importantly, don't give up. I've been struggling too with managing my diet and hypothyroid. This morning, I lost a stubborn 1 pound after 3 weeks of weight gain/plateau. Been at this for going on 5 weeks and 7 pounds seems a bit SLOW for my liking, but I guess all this weight accumulation didn't occur overnight, so it won't disappear overnight either. :) Keep the faith and know that you are doing the right thing for your improved health!!!!

And one more thing, keep in contact with MFP forum members. During those 3 weeks, their kind comments/feedback/recommendations kept me focused and on track and I credit THAT for my ability to resist just "giving up".
  • hazbrunette07
    Options
    this may be a body adjusting week? i agree with everyone that says to measure. Ive only been doing this for a few weeks but for the past two ive lost one pound each week and its discouraging but i measured myself and know that this is working! you can do it, just hang in there.