3.4lb weight loss this week but still not happy

Options
yep. I'm still not happy! Why? because I am unsure if I really lost 3 lbs. when I weighed in for my "starting weight" I didn't do it first thing in the morning. And I'm wondering how much that may affect what my weight really was. This 3.4 lbs could all be from my weight flucuating, right?

I have cut out all soda, tea, etc. I drink nothing but water. I worked out 5 out of the 7 days last week. And I have stayed under my calories at least 5 of the 7 days. 2 days I didnt log but i feel i did well on controlling what I eat.

should I just brush it off and be happy with the "loss"? or be realistic that I may have not lost anything after all?

Replies

• VeronicaanddMatt0605
    Options
    Try to focus on the great lifesyle changes that you have been making. Exercising logging in your food and drinking water are all really great things to be doing. Sometimes the scale reflects our hard work and sometimes it doesn't but if you keep doing what you are doing the weight will keep coming off. Try to be happy with the 3.4lbs regardless you've made progress and you can weigh next week and weigh the same time and way you have this week. Good luck and keep going!!!
  • trishb1
    trishb1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    if you did all of this...no doubt...you lost it.
  • chwhalon
    Options
    why dont u just weigh ur self the next day at ur typical weigh in time. And no matter what it is u have done so good by eating well and drinking water only and exercising, if u keep it up the weight will come off.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Patience...! It will happen...watch your sodium intake...hot green tea works wonders as well. drink 8+ water a day. Re-focus it only a week...as they say you should only lose about 2lbs. But some may lose more...and you did it with 3.4lbs.....
  • bluuea
    bluuea Posts: 13
    Options
    I think positive thinking goes a long way in weight loss. You need to celebrate the positives and that includes any results you see on the scale. Life is tough, weight loss is tough...Why be tough on yourself on top of that?
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Pounds definitely fluctuate for a million reasons. If your not convinced that its due to your hard work, then you maybe your better off forgetting about the scale and sticking to the results you see from your measurements.

That said, I bet a good portion of those 3.4 lbs lost are do to your efforts. Keep it up!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Be happy with the weight loss the scales show and keep up the good work, whether its a true weight loss or not is really irrelevant...its the positive changes you have made that are the good thing to reflect on.and knowing that they are good being able to continue. Also don't be too strict on yourself, remeber you are trying to make changes that you can continue with for the rest of your life,..ie attainable, sustainable. A wise lady once said to me...if you weighed your food as much as you weigh yourself you would be slim now!! LOL...I think she was right.