what is your favourite protein powder?

Options
i'm just getting into more weight training and am using protein powder to increase my intake... but i'm having trouble finding one that i like!
are they all chalky and unpleasant tasting!? that can't be the case, so i'd love to hear some recommendations from people about which protein powders they like best and why.

Replies

• NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    There is SO much info on this- try and use the search function- you will find out everything you need to know! :-)
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels whey protein. I'm currently using Body Fortress Advanced whey protein or something like that.. It doesn't taste very good, but I got a big thing of it. I think I'll go back to the Jillian Michaels - vanilla ;)
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    ISO Sensation 93 Vanilla Bean from GNC. It is awesome. Everyone that I recommed it to loves it! IF you dont like it you can return it within 30 days when you buy it from GNC.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    my hubby says syntha 6 is the best he's ever tasted.....I use their lean dessert one because it has lower calories
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Advanced - Strawberry. It taste pretty bad when mixed with water! But I mix it in a blender and just chug it down! It does taste pretty good with milk though.
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Bariatric Advantage meal replacement. It's DELICIOUS. But it's pricey (50.00) for a 2 lb container.

So my next favorite is Isopure Zero Carb and then Dymatize Elite, Gourmet Vanilla. Dymatize Elite is the one that I've been sticking with because the price is good, the carbs, fat and cholesterol are a minimum and it has a great deal of protein per serving.

There is also Body Fortress available at Walmart for $20.00 or less right now. It is higher in fat, carbs and cholesterol though. It might be acceptable for someone in training or looking to build alot of muscle with intense workouts.

Good luck!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I like the Jillian Michaels whey protein. I'm currently using Body Fortress Advanced whey protein or something like that.. It doesn't taste very good, but I got a big thing of it. I think I'll go back to the Jillian Michaels - vanilla ;)

I did not like JIllians. Try ISO Sensation 93 from GNC it taste great all by itself even when it is mixed with just water
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I prefer chocolate soy protein from walmart. Nothing fancy, still gettin extra protein for after my workouts and savin a few dollars in the meantime.
  • shimacrema
    Options
    I love Syntha 6 vanilla ice cream. It really tastes like vanilla ice cream. I love it. Its a bit on the pricey side though.
  • baycityroller
    Options
    I use syntha-6, I love it! both mocha and strawberry flavours are yuuuum!!
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    the best tasting one beverly international UMP
  • nikeverett
    Options
    try Shakeology, unbelievable! Go to www.shakeology.com
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - Cake Batter. Delicious.
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use the Designer Whey Chocolate Protein Mix
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I use arbonne chocolate and vanilla protein, they are the only ones i've ever tried that actually taste good. If you want to try them you can go to arbonne.com and login using my id you will save 20% off all merchandise.

id 18955799
    pin 7184
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar brand. Its a whey protein isolate. You can mix it with water. Has only 90 calories, no carbs, no sugar and 23 proteins. They have many flavors. I like the fuzzy navel.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Amplify Chocolate Protein from NDS Nutrition here in Omaha is the best I've found, but it's pricey at $90 for 5 lbs.

I just ordered ON NitroCore Chicolate Supreme from amazon for half that price so we'll see how I like that. I'm using it as a breakfast meal replacement (since the thought of eating actual food for breakfast makes me queasy) so I like that it's a whey and casein combination so I feel full longer.