Turning 50

Options
I will turn 50 in December 2011. My goal is to weigh 150 lbs by age 50. I had the same type of goal when I turned 40 - weigh 140 lbs by age 40. I did not even come close! So friends - ideas and motivation to keep me on track for this huge age milestone? As of today, I would have to lose 42 lbs to reach this goal by my birthday.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya--except that my big Five-Oh is in June--so I've got about the same amount of weight to lose as you, but only half the time!

My motivator right now is that I've got a big research field trip planned this summer, and if I'm NOT at my goal, I will be tired and draggy, and will not be able to put in 14- 16-hour days of hiking and water sampling. That scares the crap out of me!
  • evanslawn
    evanslawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Let's keep checking in with each other! I see that you have mini-goals set up - I need to do the same so that I see the light at the end of the LONG tunnel.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If it helps keep you motivated, I just lost 45 pounds this past year, from last Jan through last Sep. I've been maintaining the last 4 months. I'm 48, 5 foot 4, and went from 170 to 125. You can do it!
  • evanslawn
    evanslawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go - thanks!