p90x Your views please!

Options
My husband and I are looking for something that we can do together in the evenings that will keep our interest and motivate us to push ourselves... running just doesnt cut it. We both HATE running! If you have tried this what do you think of it? Results? I really look forward to your opinions!

Replies

• marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One answer only: P90X! Me and my husband finished our first 90 days today and we love it. If we spend 1 day without doing it we already miss it. But you are really going to have to push yourselves, its not easy, but so worth it. My husband lost 24lb and has a totally different body and I lost 8lb and can say the same...hope you find something that works!
  • kaylamae90
    Options
    Thanks! it definitely sounds like something that will be good for us... cant wait for tax returns to get it! :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I love P90X! I just started about 2 weeks ago. Never been a home dvd workout person. But with this program, I can't wait to workout! It's really fun and it works. Just check all the success stories on here, youtube and the other billion websites out there. Plus it comes with a great guide on nutrition

Though with this program you will need a few things. Dumbbells or bands, pull up bar, and a few other others. Still it's cheaper and better then a gym membership.
  • laurenashley813
    Options
    It's awesome!! I personally started seeing results in 1 week!
  • Gbach
    Gbach Posts: 6
    Options
    I've completed the 1st week of p90x and I love it. It is the first program that doesn't bore you after the 3rd day. I used to love the original Billy Blanks Bootcamp but after w few weeks it really bores you and the flaws in the program really started to bug me.

The p90x is really well structured, it shows the time or the counts for each exercise and the entire workout. TOny horten is very exact with the reps on each side and it is fun though quite demanding. I feel I have improved already after 1 week. It also keeps me from eating junk as I don't want to ruin my workout by not eating clean.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    P90X has changed my life for the better! I bring it everyday! Not just in my workouts, but in everyday life! Tony Horton is a modern day hero!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    im down 21 lbs with one week left. its like being a glutton for punishment. its hard but if you miss a day you will really miss it. i say go for it
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    my husband and I workout every morning to either P90X or Insanity together. We're in our 3rd round of the program. My 1st round of P90X I lost 24 pounds. It's a great workout plan.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great program...my husband isn't interested AT ALL in it. So, I go it alone...and that's okay with me.

The three biggest issues I see regularly with P90X and couples:

1. Equipment--be sure you have enough equipment for both of you to successfully do the program together
    2. Time--P90X takes between 60-90 minutes every day--be sure that you BOTH have time to be successful.
    3. If one of you decides not to workout, it can also pull the other off track. Be committed YOURSELF to the program, so if your spouse drops out on you, it doesn't derail your own personal progress (I've seen this one time after time). Be in it for YOU (but use your spouse for support if he is in it for him as well).
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i WISH my husband would do this with me :(
    My sister is more of a gym girl (she goes to classes at the gym & doesn't really like working out at home)
    but I'd really love to do this with someone.
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Im starting March 1st!
  • braddydm
    braddydm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I LOVE P90X!!!! We have started twice, the first time..about a 2 weeks into it, Jamie (my hubby) got the flu. And the second time, about week 4, he was sent away for business. And I have been training for a half marathon throughout...so I made a compromise with him this time!!
    We will do P90X every other day...and distance training on the days we don't do P90X!!! I think this will work wonderfully for us!!!
    Everybody has to try and see what works for them! P90X wants you to do it 6 days a week and I think thats awesome, but for us every other day is for us!!!