Scales

Options
Hi!

Just a quick question about scales. I just started to watch what I eat a few weeks ago and got a new scale. I found that it would never give me the same reading if I weighed myself once and then again just to make sure. So, I tried different areas on the house (on a hard surface) and it still didn't give me the same reading.

I was frustrated so I went to the store to get a new one since this has been going on for weeks. I tried a few at the store and my readings fluctuated between all the scales. I decided to get a WW one and I've tried it at home. I seem to still have this issue but I've decided to use the reading that comes up the same 3 times.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I find this extremely frustrating...how am I supposed to know if I'm on the right track I don't even know my weight?! I think I'll start measuring myself too...

Replies

• cnolfo
    cnolfo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much is your scale off? If it's only off a few ounces I wouldn't worry about it but if its off by pounds I would take that one back. Only weigh yourself once in the morning and don't return to the scale for an entire week. I would also measure yourself. If you are working out you will gain weight before you start losing pounds. I've lost 30lbs by eating right and walking.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think you need to not be so obsessive with the scale---you only need to get on it once a week and only once!

You will know if you are doing the right thing by chaning your old habits, eating whole foods, cutting out processed carbs and especially exercising. Sometimes I get on the scale it does not move but I am always okay with that because I know I am doing everything right. I know I am not eating like I used to before I lost the weight. I know I exercise every day, so it really does not matter. I know I lost 73 pounds doing it this way so why so I worry.
  • nickiesue
    Options
    I have the same issue. I place mine on a hard surface. The carpet will really mess with the reading. Then I weigh myself until I get the same number 3 times. (And yes it is frustrating and can take several trys) Once I get the same weight 3 times that is what I go by!

I figured out that the more frustrated I became the harder it was to get a steady weight because I would fidget while the scale was calculating. Once I get to where I can stand perfectly still and in the same exact spot consistency would became to appear!

Good Luck!
  • Smill82
    Options
    I actually only weight myself on Sunday mornings. And I'm really not obsessive about it. It's more that I just want an accurate reading to see if I'm on the right track.

The old scale was off by pounds which is why it was so frustrating, I'll see how this new scale works and go from there I guess.