Just a general question

AliciaJade93
AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I don't mean to sound ditzy or anything but, would you say its only an effective workout if you sweat a lot and can feel your muscles aching? because i've been working out every day, but i wouldn't say that I've been sweating a whole load so i don't know whether my workouts are effective, thanks :)

Replies

• p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    I always tell myself the if I'm not sweating then I'm not working hard enough!

Maybe that's just me. I've always felt that way, it pushes me to work harder.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You shuld be using a heart rate monitor to help you judge this. Not everyone sweats. You muscle should be tired at the end of your last rep, if not, increase your weight.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    I don't mean to sound ditzy or anything but, would you say its only an effective workout if you sweat a lot and can feel your muscles aching? because i've been working out every day, but i wouldn't say that I've been sweating a whole load so i don't know whether my workouts are effective, thanks :)

Maybe you just don't sweat - I don't. Ever. And I do some pretty intense workouts. I don't know why, I just never sweat.....
  • kevinbc
    kevinbc Posts: 34 Member
    Maybe it's time to up your workouts a little but remember just bc you are sweating doesn't mean you will lose weight. If that were the case that really big person that sweats just sitting in a chair wouldn' t be big for long.
This discussion has been closed.