Horrible day = McDonalds

Options
Okay so today was a terrible day for me. My 16 month old was walking or doing a "toddler jog" with a plastic baby einstein toy and he fell with his nose taking the full weight on that toy. He was crying and when I picked him and moved his hand from his nose it was SPILT! It split from the right nostril up to the brigde of his nose. I totally did not remain calm and drove 80 to the emergency room. They wanted me and my husband to hold him down while they stiched it and I completely lost it and the doctor told me to step outside. The nurse had to lead me to a different room, I couldn't handle the stiches and with no pain killers either!!! But he handled it like a champ, I think momma took it much worse than he did. :cry:

Non the less we went by Mc D's for healing food and I ate about 6 nuggets and some fries and now I feel gross :frown: .

My baby (Justin) is fine. He has bumped it a few times since we have been home and he cries a little when he does. But he won't sit and let me hold him. If it were up to me he and I would just stay in bed for the 5 days the stiches have to be in.

Anyways that is my terrible day, I think I may try to bike ride later just to let some of my upsetness out. I still want to cry :cry: .

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    Okay so today was a terrible day for me. My 16 month old was walking or doing a "toddler jog" with a plastic baby einstein toy and he fell with his nose taking the full weight on that toy. He was crying and when I picked him and moved his hand from his nose it was SPILT! It split from the right nostril up to the brigde of his nose. I totally did not remain calm and drove 80 to the emergency room. They wanted me and my husband to hold him down while they stiched it and I completely lost it and the doctor told me to step outside. The nurse had to lead me to a different room, I couldn't handle the stiches and with no pain killers either!!! But he handled it like a champ, I think momma took it much worse than he did. :cry:

Non the less we went by Mc D's for healing food and I ate about 6 nuggets and some fries and now I feel gross :frown: .

My baby (Justin) is fine. He has bumped it a few times since we have been home and he cries a little when he does. But he won't sit and let me hold him. If it were up to me he and I would just stay in bed for the 5 days the stiches have to be in.

Anyways that is my terrible day, I think I may try to bike ride later just to let some of my upsetness out. I still want to cry :cry: .
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Its okay....
    You picked one of the better options from McDs.

I would of lost it too.
    I am glad he's ok.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I hope your sons nose heals fast, I hope that Dr, doesn't get the same treatment he gave your son, when he/she is unable to speak from him/her self.

I hope you feel better as well, it's always good to let out some steam :flowerforyou:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bunny I LOVE the sig tag about soldiers :happy: I was an Army Brat and I am married to a retired US Navy Chief who, just to make it interesting, was also an AB so it's a sig line that I totally endorse :love: :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Bunny I LOVE the sig tag about soldiers :happy: I was an Army Brat and I am married to a US Navy Chief who, just to make it interesting, was also an AB so it's a sig line that I totally endorse :love: :bigsmile:

Thanks, yesterday I was missin my soldier a bit more then expected.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That was not bad it could of been a big mac. Sorry that had to happen and hospital nurse and Dr. seem to not understand how we feel don't they have kids.

ALisha
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Wow hope he feels better.

The nuggets aren't really that bad... and as long as you didn't eat more than a small fry you should be ok
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh wow..that does sound like a terrible day.. It's horrible when things happen to our kids.. but he sounds like a real trooper..and for the MacDonalds..no big deal.. tomorrow is another day.. you probably burnt alot of calories with the worry!! I know I sure would have. :cry:
    You will be ok.. hang in there.
    ((big hug))
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Hi

I am sorry that your son was hurt. You both needed the comfort food. Tomorrow is another day and you will get back on track. We all have those days when we need comfort food. :smile:
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Aww I am so sorry to hear that! I know how hard it is when my precious little minion gets hurt. :sad:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I agree with ChubbyBunny and sculley. The nuggets and small fry weren't too bad. I'm glad to hear that your little one is okay. My oldest son went and gashed his forehead on an office chair wheel just before his first birthday. I took him to the ER and they put him in this papoose (sp?) looking thing. It was terrifying for me to see him in that thing. The doc and nurses told me it was better to stay away from him and let them do their job. They said that way, he wouldn't associate me with his being in that thing and all that pain inflicted on him while they were stitching him up. Good thing, I could hardly stand being in there. He was quite happy to see me when it was all over with - and I was definitely happy to finally see out of that thing. He's 16 now and would kick anyone's butt if they tried to put him in a papoose now. :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh the Pappoose!
    They did that with my daughter at the dentists....she busted her front tooth in half when she slipped on cement stairs.....
    Anyway, she had to get it pulled....she was like 2....she was screaming bloody murder....I was bawlin, my dad was there tryin to comfort us both....:sad:
    In the end my daughter hauled off and punched the dentist.......

I was so proud.... :smokin:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh the Pappoose!
    They did that with my daughter at the dentists....she busted her front tooth in half when she slipped on cement stairs.....
    Anyway, she had to get it pulled....she was like 2....she was screaming bloody murder....I was bawlin, my dad was there tryin to comfort us both....:sad:
    In the end my daughter hauled off and punched the dentist.......

I was so proud.... :smokin:

Oh that's too funny! I would've been proud too!
  • punka274
    Options
    OMG,i have a three year old and i would of freaked out too! Poor thing...i hope hes doing better today! So sorry that happened to him and you! And 6nuggets and fries aren't that bad,so don't feel bad..K! You did alot better than i would of...i think i would of went for the quarter pounder with cheese:bigsmile:

Hugs to you and your little one!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OUCH! Not much of an Einstein toy than, is it??? GRRRR!!! Darn bad toys! I hope your little one feels better soon!

Back on track today! You can do it!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind words, y'all make me feel better :happy:. Justin is doing great today; he acts as if nothing ever happened! But I am on edge because he is at that age where falling several times is part of the day and boys just aren't quiet as graceful as girls and he seems to catch himself with his face more than his hands. So I'm constantly doing that mom *gasp*. :wink: I hate the stitches in his nose but my husband is proud of his "battle wound" and now has started calling him snakebite (if there was a smiley face rolling his eyes I would insert that here).

I am back on track thanks to all the encouragment! I biked with the kids in tow via trailer and MAN! Is that a workout!!!

Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend! :wink: