Exercising, eating healthy and no real weight loss

Options
Hi All

Feeling frustrated. I have for nearly last three weeks picked up my exercise regime (doing a minimum of 20 mins of exercise every day includes cardio and strength). One week did 4 zumba classes and a kettlebell session. (I should say that I have been doing some form of exercise since August and had about a month off over Xmas.

I have changed my diet too ie eating much better foods. However I have lost only 2lbs and not much change in my body fat. I have also become much more constipated now too (LOL). I have been eating between 900-1200 cals a day. Thought maybe eating too little so upped my cals a little to be nearer 1200.

So what am I doing wrong? I find if I don't exercise I lose weight if just doing calories but for me this year its about being fit and toned and not all about weight loss!

Any advice appreciated. Could it be that my metabolism is adjusting?

Thanks

Replies

• danyelpink
    danyelpink Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're most likely not eating enough. You should be eating at least 1200 (net). You have to fuel your body to keep your metabolism up.
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Eat your exercise calories.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I believe it has to do with what you eat and how often you eat.
  • RStein07
    RStein07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Besides not eating enough, try watching your sugar intake.
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with the others....You need to eat the 1200 calories. That being said, I, too, have been on here 3 weeks now and have only lost 2 lbs. It is extremely frustrating. However, yesterday I measured myself and found that I have lost between one and one and a half inches on tummy and hips. To me that is the most important. Have you been measuring yourself?
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you eat 6 small meals a day and never eat less than 1200 calories or your metabolism goes slow, you do not lose weight and you will feel very tired and unwell. You should eat healthy, not starve yourself. Good luck!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    hopefully you are drinking your water too. it should help with the constipation.
  • labamba
    labamba Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have been taking measurements. My first set of measurements due on 8th Feb only doing once a month. So fingers crossed I will be toning up.
  • aschroyer
    Options
    I have the exact same problem! I have been eating healthy, trying to keep up with my calories, and working out. I started exercising after having a baby last July. The first few weeks I lost 24 lbs, but now, I cant lose anything! The scale hasnt moved for me in 6 months! I just lost 2 lbs, but I feel like it should be more! I do alot of cardio and weight train, but nothing seems to be working.

Its so frustrating to see others losing all these lbs so quickly when Im working so hard and am seeing no results. I follow all the advice I can get, but nothing is working!

Hang in there, you are not alone!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get a peek at your food diary?
  • labamba
    labamba Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    An extract from my food diary:-

Your Food Diary For:

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    the Fabulous Baking Boys - Mighty Oat Flapjack, 37.5 g 173 23 8 3
    Freshly Squeezed - Orange Juice (No Pulp), 1 cup 110 26 0 2
    283 49 8 5

Lunch
    New Covent Garden Food Co. - Winter Vegetable Soup, 300 g 163 26 3 7

Dinner