How to pick yourself up from an unproductive weight loss wee

Options
How do you pick yourself back up when you have lost nothing in a week? You have done the exercise, you haven't gone over your calories and you still have a goose egg to add.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Take you measurements, you will have probley lost inces from all the exercise you have done and gained muscle :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    How's your Sodium intake? Have you drank 8+ glasses water per day? Are you on your period? Weight lost takes time...maybe relook over your last weeks meal intake and see what you can change. best wishes xo
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing! I even upped my workouts and tried upping my cals from 1200 to 1350 to see if I was too low! So for the second week in a row, I lost nothing! And I worked hard! I feel you!

(I did take my measurements, and I did lose an inch on my waist, but I still think in 2 weeks, I should have lost something!)

I am due for my period, I am wondering if that accounts for something?
  • nigeldo
    Options
    I was just about to say the same thing. You have probably plateaued out for a bit. If you have done quite a bit of gym work then you have probably exchanged fat for muscle (which is good).

So long as your times at the gym are getting better (treadmill/bike or whatever you do) then take these as positives when the weight loss is zero.

Keep recording the calories accurately and doing the exercise - you will definitely loose weight if you carry on.
  • nigeldo
    Options
    I was just about to say the same thing. You have probably plateaued out for a bit. If you have done quite a bit of gym work then you have probably exchanged fat for muscle (which is good).

So long as your times at the gym are getting better (treadmill/bike or whatever you do) then take these as positives when the weight loss is zero.

Keep recording the calories accurately and doing the exercise - you will definitely loose weight if you carry on.
  • Crystel22
    Crystel22 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your input. I have not done any measurements through the whole thing, so I won't know if I have lost inches. I am hoping for a better week next week.

I can not seem to drink 8 glasses of water in a day. If I stay home and think about it, I can come close, but usually 4 or 5 glasses.

What are good exercises that you all do?
  • fitmamaoftwins
    Options
    keep your chin up, but if you still dont lose anything next week you need to re *kitten* your plan and figure out whats up