Only positive thoughts on Jillian Micheals ?

Options
Am hearing so many positives about this dvd has anyone had any issues with it ? I have it just have not started it yet

Replies

• just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Which DVD are you referring to?
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    what dvd? she has many, but shes great in all!!...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't own any of her dvds because I'm kinda afraid of her. :embarassed:
  • kimbot
    kimbot Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just got the 30 Day Shred in the mail, but I haven't popped it in yet. i'm excited tho.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of her dvd's and LOVE them. The only negative (which is really a possitive) is that she kicks your butt!
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 of the shred and I'm really loving it. I'm sure she's trying to kill me, but it's ok!!
    She really pushes you to go harder than you think you can, but that's all good to me :0)
    Nothing bad to say about the workouts at all, start them soon and you'll be glad you did!
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    the shred
  • queeniedebar
    queeniedebar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have two of her DVDs... 30 Day Shred which is great for short workouts, but really gets you moving, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, which is a little bit longer of a workout. She is amazing! I highly recommend these videos.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    The only negative (which isn't really one) is that her voice can be kinda annoying. I solve that by muting the video and putting my own music on though, once I know the routine well enough to just watch it without audio, haha :laugh:
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options

LOL!!! Someone gave me on of her DVD's but I've never listened to it because I hate *hate* HATE hearing anyone yell or order people around. It doesn't motivate me - quite the opposite. And if there's "workout music" FORGET IT. I'm super-sensitive to sound. :(
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillians workouts. No negatives from me.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options

Lol Yeah she's intimidating for sure :P
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I bought 30 Day Shred because so many people on here were raving about it. I think it's GREAT and would recommend it to anyone. I agree that her voice can be a little annoying at times but mostly when I'm having a bad day. There's someone doing less intensive versions of the moves so you can take it a bit easier and I quickly worked out how to adapt things to my own abilities as I found a couple moves were too tough on my joints sometimes. For a 25min workout it certainly gets your body going and I'm amazed by how much I've improved. Give it a go - you never know!
  • koregon
    Options
    I don't own any of her dvd's...but I love her on biggest loser...I do have some bigest loser dvd's with Bob Harper and just bought his kettlebell/with dvd workout...can't wait to try.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

LOL!!! Someone gave me on of her DVD's but I've never listened to it because I hate *hate* HATE hearing anyone yell or order people around. It doesn't motivate me - quite the opposite. And if there's "workout music" FORGET IT. I'm super-sensitive to sound. :(
    I think people confuse Jillian to Jillian on tv.....I never seen BL just the soup when they show clips of her screaming at the wannabe losers, she is nothing like that on her dvds, shes the most motivational person, she never puts no one down, and the dvds have a setting to mute sound.
    now that im also doing 6wk6pk shes too nice!! :)
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Love it. You know I just finished and I actually got some result out of it! The circuits are hard and you know her style but she's not scary in the videos but she does pushes you. I start her 30 Day Slimdown program today!
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've done her 30 Day Shred....LOVED LOVED IT!! Negative?....that's a hard one! Some of the jumping can be a little hard on the knees (I have a knee that can give me problems, so that may be why).

I have tried just about every dvd ever made....and besides Beach Body products....Jillian is the BEST and gives you the BEST butt whoopin'! I'm doing P90X now, but eventually plan on doing more Jillian dvds. Enjoy it!! :happy:
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Try It! I am on day 9 of Level 1. It pushes you. The only advice I have is don't give up. I have a tendency to try a video and decide it is too hard and quit half way through. This video is hard, but after doing it for a week, my stamina has increased and I'm able to do moves that I thought would kill me in the beginning.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Am hearing so many positives about this dvd has anyone had any issues with it ? I have it just have not started it yet

interesting that you're LOOKING for a negative. I thought the 30 Day Shred is a good DVD. The 20 minute workouts do no have a count down counter that I've become accustomed to with other DVD's. Over-all it's a good workout. I think on the fourth workout day a person should do a Yoga workout to give their knees a rest. Jillian and other's have many Yoga DVD's out there. JM's yoga DVD is called Yoga Meltdown. She is encouraging in the DVD's. People need to get over that "she scares me" crap. She doesn't act the same in the DVD's as she does in the TV show.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options

I think people confuse Jillian to Jillian on tv.....I never seen BL just the soup when they show clips of her screaming at the wannabe losers, she is nothing like that on her dvds, shes the most motivational person, she never puts no one down, and the dvds have a setting to mute sound.
    now that im also doing 6wk6pk shes too nice!! :)

If I can follow along well enough with it on mute that might work. Thanks!