Newbie here with 100 + to lose

Options
I used to have a mfp, but I didn't stick to it. So now I am back and committing myself to sticking to it this time. Truth is I am not healthy, and I don't let many people see the real me because I am hiding in this obese body. So my journey starts now.

Replies

• novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. Stick with it and goal slow, you'll get there. Welcome.
  • parvy123
    parvy123 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can do it this time... take one day at a time. I am in the same boat, have been with MFP before and kept coming back but this time I am sticking to it. My epiphany was... eat whatever I like, in moderation, count the cals, move as much as possible and if I fall off the wagon one day, just get straight back on and forget the day before.

I haven't lost that much weight so I don't think I am in a position to preach really but I think it's a good place to start :smile:

If you are over 300lbs (or thereabouts), there is a great thread on here called the Over 300 club - it is very supportive, check it out

Good luck, you can do it!!

Parvy
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome..the mfp community are great motivational influences...good luck on your goal...
  • Jackie218
    Jackie218 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    welcome back, u can do it!!! I need to lose alot of weight as well and its hard but stay postive, at first i didnt want any friends on here as well just cuz i was ashamed of wht i weighed but the motivation and support is so great and keeps me coming back and trying my hardest!! i wish u the best of luck and add me as friend if ud like !! :)
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back ... I need to lose over 200 so we can all journey together
  • cjc123
    cjc123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Remember that it took a long time to put on the weight so it will take a long time to take it off. Just focus on getting and staying healthy. It is amazing how much better you can feel with just a little weight off. I know from experience. We are all on your side!!!
  • ChubbyCatapiller
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I will do it this time no matter how long it takes.
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Hi! I have 209 to lose so I'm in a similar situation! You can do it and if you get knocked down just keep getting back up, your persistence will pay off :) You can add me if you want another friend
  • woodsk1
    woodsk1 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good luck! We are all in this together!
  • kattchen
    Options
    Welcome back!

I just started, but I have a bit over 100 to lose as well~
    You can do it, man! Don't let anyone, including yourself, say otherwise!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!

There are some great support groups in the motivation and support section, like the 100+ pounds to lose one :smile: