Quick Morning Breakfasts

Options
So I have an hour commute via subway every morning to get to work. I get up at 6 so I can get there by 8 and really don't have too much time to make any breakfast. Any suggestions on fast and easy breakfasts that I can either get ready the night before or that I don't have to prepare at all? Thanks!

Replies

• lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    what about a fruit smoothie with protein? I am thinking of doing that myself!!!
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    waffle w/ peanut butter and some fruit..works good...
  • coog81855
    Options
    I make a low fat ham and cheese sandwich or a pb&j sandwich to eat on the way to work in the mornings. Easy to handle, clean up and low in calories!!! Add a piece of fruit and you are good to go until lunch!!!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I have about an hour and a half commute every morning via commuter train, then subway. I know the feeling! Haha. But what I have been doing the past week for breakfast is 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 of a whole wheat bagel, and 6 strawberries. Cook the egg the night before and cut up the bagel and strawberries and put them in a container or plastic bag in the fridge and you're good to go in the morning! :)
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    So I have an hour commute via subway every morning to get to work. I get up at 6 so I can get there by 8 and really don't have too much time to make any breakfast. Any suggestions on fast and easy breakfasts that I can either get ready the night before or that I don't have to prepare at all? Thanks!

I catch a train at 6:30 to be at work for 8. Here is my go to breakfasts.

1/2 cup greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of blueberries topped with sprouted flax and chia. (I really don't like yogurt but do force myself to eat it).

1/2 cup rolled oats and 1/2 cup almond milk put in a container and leave in fridge over night. I quickly heat up on the stove and add an egg in when hot. I don't like using microwaves and currently mine isn't even plugged in but you could always microwave it.

1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup cranberries, blueberries, mango (whatever I have fresh or frozen), 1 cup almond milk, 2 organic eggs (must be organic since your eating them raw), magic bullet them for about 30 seconds shake then give it another 10 or so. Drink right from the magic bullet cup.
  • cindyg86
    Options
    My favorites...

2 slices of toast with nutella -or- peanut butter + sliced banana on top

English muffin with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese + sugar free fruit preserves

1/2 cup oatmeal + 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt + 3/4 cup frozen berries (I make this the night before and put it in the fridge so the berries thaw overnight. Grab the container in the morning and eat it while at work. So good!)