Advice

Options
is it bad just eating 3 little cookies once In a while but eating healthy all day long and staying at my calorie goal
Will i gain wieght

Replies

• jellybino
    Options
    The key to a successful diet is to eat those "bad" foods in moderation. If you try to stay away from them completely, you will probably eventually binge on them. If you have two or three every now and then and continue to eat well the rest of the day, you will be just fine. Just don't make it a daily habit. :-)
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    You shouldnt, hey you need to indulge from time to time. :flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you term "once in a while". If your talking about every second day, it's not a great idea.

My personal opinion is that everyone has to have at least one day in the month when they can give themselves a treat. Just track them in your diary and make some allowances for them.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by 'little' and 'once in a while'.
  • cindyg86
    Options
    Not at all! I find that I have to eat at least one sweet thing everyday otherwise I feel incredibly deprived and am more likely to binge. I have a cookie everyday... but I factor it into my calories so I don't go over. I just made Nutella chocolate chip cookies last night. 150 calories each. I will usually eat one at night if I've been good throughout the day and if I have leftover calories (which I usually do).

So again, as others have said, yes, it's okay... but in moderation! And make sure you count them in your intake!
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with Cindy. I have a dessert each night. It is just one of those things I know about me. However, knowing that I want my chocolate fix at night, I plan for it throughout the day. I make sure that I have 150 calories left for it at night. So far, I have lost 15.5 pounds in January, so it must be working.
  • iamdesiderata
    iamdesiderata Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need to do in order to lose weight is to stay at or under your calorie goal. 3 cookies every once in a while or even every day won't hurt you just so long as you do not exceed your daily caloric goal.

I wouldn't recommend it, however in theory you can eat only cookies, or french fries, or whatever you wanted every day, and if you stayed under your daily calorie goal (idk what yours is - lets say 1500), you will continue to lose weight. Its all about calories.

The problem with eating high octane crap all day as opposed to fresh fruits and veggies, lean proteins and whole grains, as you may already know, is that in order to stay under your calorie goal, you will end up eating less actual food in the long run. 1 small sized fries at McDonald's is 250 calories, whereas an apple, one slice of whole wheat toast, with a tablespoon of peanut butter lands you at 260 calories - same amount of calories, but obviously one snack is much more nutritious than the other. You get more bang for your buck so to speak.

Indulgence is always a good thing - there are few people in this world who have the strength to pass up every sweet item that goes their way. So you need to strike a balance, indulging mindfully, which it sounds like you already do. Just keep it up and you will see a difference on the scale :)