Bouncing belly fat

Options
I'm starting to get into working out, running and high impact aerobics. When I'm jumping around, my tummy jumps too, and it hurts! I really don't want to wear a big, uncomfortable girdle, but I'll do what I have to. Are there any work out shirts (preferably tank tops) that are relatively comfortable to work out in that will suck the fat in?

Replies

• cassidystreasures
    Options
    would love to know this also :) and ones that are reasonably priced
  • dreamc08
    dreamc08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Maybe try a Danskin brand tank that fits pretty snug or some high-waisted undies to hold you in.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I think you would be more comfortable in a girdle. Just purchase one thats a few sizes larger so that it fits snug but not to tight. I wear exercise shorts that looks like the surfer suit material. They hold me together. I hate it when my butt jiggles.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    A lot of workout clothes have support built in to help with this. Having your skin bouncing can hurt and cause chafing, so I definitely like workout clothes that have a fair amount of Lyra/spandex (at least 10%) that pulls me in (my lower belly and thighs are the loosest areas). When you’re overweight and body conscious you always want to hide in looser clothes, but the more fitted items will make you more comfortable. You can also try wearing a compression brief under looser clothes. Here’s a link to ones by Champion: http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Products/Women-Champion/Women_ShopByCategory-Champion/Women_Shorts-Champion/Women_Shorts_Fit Shorts-Champion/C27010.aspx .
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I want to know too. thanks
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think mine is really comfortable actually. It holds everything in and tight...but not so tight I can't breath lol. But it stops stuff from bouncing, giggling etc...just overall better I think. I can't remember the brand, but I got it at Walmart. It looks like this (bra not included lol). The straps help keep it up and adjusted since I'm moving so much.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBwYd2oLiIsTp_nai_hwbtXH1UOeEiQgCVeJNlSQsazl7PilRH
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    when I first started out I also hated that feeling I used the curves waist trimmer. So worth it!
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I think mine is really comfortable actually. It holds everything in and tight...but not so tight I can't breath lol. But it stops stuff from bouncing, giggling etc...just overall better I think. I can't remember the brand, but I got it at Walmart. It looks like this (bra not included lol). The straps help keep it up and adjusted since I'm moving so much.

This doesn't make you really really hot during the workout? I've wanted to try something like this myself, but I get so hot and sweaty without the extra layer, I was worried it would make the workout unbearable...
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, then I found some warm up pants that have a higher rise that hold my tummy in. What also helps me, is when I tighten or hold in my stomach as much as I can when doing high intensity moves.
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Bouncing belly fat...for me, it's more like bouncing "booty" fat. :laugh:

When I first started exercising, I'd wear my SPANX underneath my workout clothes and that did the trick for me. Now that my bum's a little firmer, I can go w/o it. It was the SPANX w/ the high tummy panel (so perhaps that would do the trick?)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This doesn't make you really really hot during the workout? I've wanted to try something like this myself, but I get so hot and sweaty without the extra layer, I was worried it would make the workout unbearable...

No, its light. Like a bathing suit. I mean it doesn't prevent me from getting sweaty, but it doesn't make me any worse. :laugh:
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the Spanx hi-waisted panty. It definitely keeps the tummy and booty from jiggling while exercising.
  • MugetsuNoYoru
    Options

I agree with NeuroticVirgo. I purchased the male version of this in order to keep my lower abdomen from flopping around and it fights very tightly yet is also light. It made my morning jog alot more enjoyable although you'll have to purchase additional ones as you lose the weight of course.
  • Hijinxed_Heather
    Hijinxed_Heather Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have an Xersion PerformanceWear tank that I absolutely love. It's very comfortable and holds me in tight at the same time. I got mine at JC Penny's on sale for $12 on Black Friday, but they do run a little high normally.

The rest of my tanks are bought at Target for less than $20 a piece. They are C9 by Champion tanks that come in all sorts of cuts and designs and work just as well as the Xersion.

Hope this helps! =)
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have a few ideas to go with now!
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    when I first started out I also hated that feeling I used the curves waist trimmer. So worth it!

Mental slapping myself as i have this! will get it out and start using it :)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Try looking up Skins, theyre like compression based so i reckon they might do the trick :)
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    Let your fat wiggy! Nothing to be ashamed of!
  • jessicaebixby
    jessicaebixby Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's not so much of being ashamed of the fat as that it's bounces around. I've lost a lot of the fat myself and today I noticed a odd slapping sound. Although through out most of my run today no one was around to hear it but lets just say it's was embarrassing to hear and annoying. I'm glad it doesn't hurt me though.

I've got a pair of spanx I may try wearing next time but I'm glad InnerFashionista asked and all the good responses.
  • kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options

This is what I use as well. Highly recommend it!