Sweet Tooth: HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know it's not dessert, but I SWEAR by Nature Valley dark chocolate bars! They are crunchy and oaty and super chocolately, and only 95 cals a bar/190 a pack =)
  • A00949952
    A00949952 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy lots of berries. They've got the sugar you crave, but don't have a ton of calories (1 cup strawberries = 50 calories) They get a little pricey up here in the bitterly cold mountain region, but I buy them in-season and freeze them with a sprinkle of sugar (sugar keeps freezer burn off). Or, buy them prefrozen. Fresh is the best, though!!!

Options for berries:

-Take a cup of berries and add a 1/2 cup of yogurt. Add a few mini marshmallows or just a little chocolate chips.

-Melt a handful of chocolate chips in the microwave. Dip berries in.

-Add to a salad (I love mandarin oranges on teriyaki chicken and spring greens)

-Make your own fruit-syrup for pancakes, waffles, ect, by slicing/crushing 1 cup berries and adding 1/4 cup low-calorie sweetener. Either let them rest together for 10 minutes, or microwave for 4 minutes.

-Add 1/2 cup berries to this recipe http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Potato-Waffles I'm not sure what the calorie count is on it, but using dry potato flakes instead of flour certainly won't break your calorie-intake bank. I made this recipe with leftover mashed potatos and halved the milk, and it was great!!

-Oh, don't forget to make a mini parfait! Take a small, clear glass and layer berries/yogurt until you reach the top. Forget the oatmeal crumble topping unless you are really craving.

-My personal fave, since I'm a huge soda/sweet tea person, is to take club soda (the plain carbonated water with no flavoring) and add sliced fruit or the above-mentioned fruit syrup. Do the same to sweeten tea (though only the fruity flavors).
  • tkrepps
    tkrepps Posts: 15
    Options
    bump