wii active

Options
Has anyone used Wii Active? I have a friend wanting to get this and wanted to see what others thought about it first.

Replies

• crazeness
    Options
    I used Wii fit, not sure if that is the same thing but I love it? I can pick things to do that actually interest me and help me lose weight.
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If there's an option to get the XBOX Kinect over the WII, the Kinect is a much better workout, but if they already own the Wii, the Wii fit is a good workout.
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    They already have a Wii and the Active is different that Wii Fit but not sure on how it works and if people have seen any success with it!
  • fourthirtyten
    Options
    I have EA Sports Active 2 for Wii and it's a lot of fun. Granted, I throw out choice words to my "trainer," but for the most part, I like that it has you schedule yourself to work out, tracks your heart rate, uploads your progress to the Internet, etc. It's pretty neat, I really like it. I've had success so far and I've only been doing it since January 2. I've definitely lost inches because my clothes fit easier. I've weighed myself a lot throughout this month and while there was a point it was showing I had lost ~10 lbs, I'm actually sitting at ~8 lbs instead because we all know how the scale is! :-)

I definitely recommend it though! It also comes with a resistance band and ankle weights. I would suggest the fitness bundle as well which you can buy at Best Buy. It comes with more resistance bands, a jump rope, and a 72" mat (which is amazing for the floor exercises). It's also convenient that you can create and join fitness groups online to track your progress, or "compete" with other people. :-)
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I managed to get the first EA active cheap in the argos sale (the one with the leg strap and the resistance band) and I really like it! I've only been doing it for just over a week though!
    I'm doing the 30 day challenge and so you have 2 work out days followed by a rest day and i must say I tend to sweat after it!

When I started I couldn't do the full run and ended up doing a kid of fast walk at intervals but I am definitely finding I'm doing more running and less walking when required!

I'd recommend getting it - it seems to be doing something - even if it is only getting off my *kitten* to exercise for 25 mins or so 5 times a week... And you should be able to get it relatively cheaply if you shop about...

Hope this helps xx
  • mrksjia
    mrksjia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My faves on the Wii are:
    EA Sports Active
    EA Sports Active More workouts
    Wii fit plus (use a yoga workout as warming up for Sports Active and My fitness coach)
    10 minutes solution (steps)
    My fitness coach Cardio Workout (in USA known as Gold's Gym)
    I have some other 'games' but mostly use these workouts.
    My condition (cardio and strenght) really improved last year and when I'm careful with my food I also lose weight
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys!