Let's BRAG!

Options
SunLove8
SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
What is something that you have accomplished or feel great about that happened this last week about your health that you would love to scream about on the top of the mountains?

Mine: My husband was rubbing my tummy this morning and said, "Honey, your stomach is getting so flat!" Oh God I love him so! :)

Replies

• jbarton163
    jbarton163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This week I officially made it into the Healthy BMI range! It's been awhile since I've been there, and I'm so glad I'm back. :)
  • SunLove8
    Options
    Welcome back! That is great!!! I still haven't hit mine, lol. How long do you think it took you to hit your BMI range?
  • jbarton163
    jbarton163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well..I had my baby 16 months ago and I was in the obese range right after I had him. But I really didn't get serious about getting into shape until this past month or two. So even though I lost about 50lbs after I had Liam, I wasn't doing it on purpose so my time frames are slightly off. But since I've joined this site about a month ago..I've been watching what I ate and started to really exercise, and I reached a healthy BMI in about 1.5 months.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    1) My mother told me she could almost see my waistline again.
    2) My husband told me I feel lighter.
    3) I managed to get into a pair of shorts I have not been able to wear in a year - and do them up!
  • Scidoc
    Scidoc Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ha! My bf is actually not so happy that I am losing my curves.

Things that I am happy to brag about...

For one, I am working out! I had a gym membership for about 8 months and literally only used it 3 times. How sad is that. This month I started going to the gym, and now I am on this constant endorphin high...I count the minutes until I can go back and get another workout in.

Secondly, I got to wear some knee high boots today that I bought 3 years ago that never really fit me properly around the calf, at least until today! I was so happy that I could zip them up without feeling like I had a tourniquet fastened to my leg, haha.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    BP normal, Glucose no longer all over the map. Dr. appt on March 15 intend to be med free.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of jeans for the ENTIRE day! Usually I go out in them and then change immediately upon getting home, right into those sweats. Not today :laugh:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    I wore a pair of jeans for the ENTIRE day! Usually I go out in them and then change immediately upon getting home, right into those sweats. Not today :laugh:

Can't WAIT for this lol
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have a few,
    First, I got admitted into Advanced Muay Thai classes at my gym. They are invite only
    Second, I bought $400 worth of clothes that I couldn't wear in middle school. They are size 32x32 pants and medium shirts.
    Third, I finally weigh under 200 pounds! I don't remember ever being under 200 pounds! I come in around 198.
    Fourth, I finally went out on a date! It has been forever since I went on one. And might I say, she is a fantastic lady!
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I don't even have a pair of jeans! It will be one thing I am adding to my wardrobe when I have lost the weight!
  • JediSi
    JediSi Posts: 3
    Options
    Not only did I walk a mile, I did it in 18 minutes and only 14 days after my Pulmonary Valve Replacement/Open Heart Surgery
  • ahayter82
    Options
    1. I've lost almost 20 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks just by working out and cutting out all the crap I used to eat.
    2. I fit into a pair of jeans I havent been able to wear in at least 6 months!!!
    3. My husband is starting to notice the changes to my body!!
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    I can do mine work out video without stopping in the middle
  • Dormouse85
    Options
    Not only did I walk a mile, I did it in 18 minutes and only 14 days after my Pulmonary Valve Replacement/Open Heart Surgery
    That is Awesome! Best wishes for a continued recovery
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 lbs this month since starting MFP. I have yet to exercise. I have strictly been watching everything I put in my mouth and getting the water down. I can't wait to see what happens when I start exercising!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    WOW, everybody's accomplishments are SO inspiring and you all have such amazing success stories!!! I even see some miracles on here :) So happy for you all, what a great feeling!!!:bigsmile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I finished 2 days of the 4th week of my C25K program....both days I wanted to quit before I was done, especially yesterday. OMG, it was so hard for me. But I made myself finish and I'm so proud of myself that I did!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck in a hotel for 3weeks with no way to prep food...so I'm happy to have found out where the gyms are located, where the pool is and walked around my immediate area and found lots of local cafes with local grown healthy menus and my first meal was salad and I generally hate salad. But I still have 50lbs to go and I'm determined to lose like 10 while I'm gone...haha. Plus I found where a good local OA meeting is..
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 6.5 miles (just over 10k) on the treadmill set to do random inclines. This was a huge milestone for me, as I've never been a runner. That was by far the longest run I've ever done and it felt amazing. Oh, and on top of that I also did another 2 miles of hiit earlier that morning. I think joining this site and getting caught up in all the positive energy was a real driving factor for me to really push myself this week.
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    1. My mom keeps commenting on how my waist is so much smaller and my face is getting slimmer
    2. I tried my prom dress on (for July xD) which was way too tight when I first bought it and now it fits just right! I'm aiming to have it tailored down by July.
    3. I ordered the 30 day shred and intend on starting it when it comes.
    4. I managed to maintain my weight over 3 days, which although is not a loss, its better than a gain. :)
    5. All my size 14 jeans are ridiculously big on me (but sadly cant fit into a size 12 just yet)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!