medical advice please

Options
i was going to msg my parentals and ask them what to do, but i dont wanna freak them out
*warning, i suppose, kinda graphic for those of you who have a weak stomach
i woke up this morning at 7 first thing i did was spew up my tea from last night, well not really my tea just the capscium (bell pepers as you yanks call them) that was in my tea
and ever since then (its now 10:30) i've had this constant urge to keep spewing and have had somewhat sproadiac dihorrea nd a really really bad headache, i feel that bad i'm not even game to drink any water to have panadol
i just rang the docs and they said they dont have an opening until this time tomorrow morning, now what should i do
a) stay home not go to work or uni (i've already missed my lab today) wait it out and go to the doctors tomorrow or
b) go to the hospital or
c) find another doctor that is close by (if there is one) and get their opinion

*please note though, i dont have a car so will have to use public transport or get a friend to drive me ro a taxi, and if i did have a car i wouldnt be game enough to drive it currently,
thanks

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i was going to msg my parentals and ask them what to do, but i dont wanna freak them out
    i woke up this morning at 7 first thing i did was spew up my tea from last night, well not really my tea just the capscium (bell pepers as you yanks call them) that was in my tea
    and ever since then (its now 10:30) i've had this constant urge to keep spewing and have had somewhat sproadiac dihorrea nd a really really bad headache, i feel that bad i'm not even game to drink any water to have panadol
    i just rang the docs and they said they dont have an opening until this time tomorrow morning, now what should i do
    a) stay home not go to work or uni (i've already missed my lab today) wait it out and go to the doctors tomorrow or
    b) go to the hospital or

*please note though, i dont have a car so will have to use public transport or get a friend to drive me ro a taxi, and if i did have a car i wouldnt be game enough to drive it currently,
    thanks
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    My dear, no one can give you med advice from far far far away.....so it's up to you really to decide based upon how you feel. I will it sounds like you've got a bug of some sort but could also be many things. Here in the States, I think many docs would tell you if you don't feel better in 24 hours or so, to call then and see about coming in. Unless it becomes severe.

BTW--you put PEPPERS in your tea?????
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    b) go to the hospital or

thanks

I'd get medical attention.
    My concern would be dehydration if you keep throwing up and having diarehea.
    Even if it's emergency/urgent care.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    she means "for tea" supper in some parts of the world.

I think. . .:flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hey gurl, it sounds like you got it coming out of both ends at the same time, no good! Gives you a gentle hug. It really depends on how YOU feel! Sounds like it could be food poisoning, or a virus. My big brother advice is to keep guaging how you feel, and take it from there. If your condition is not improving, or is deteriorating, then yes, by all means go the hospital, or Urgent Care, and get checked out. I really wouldn't advise work today sweetie, I mean get serious, there is no way you can do a job with your body protesting the way it is.
    And not being able to keep fluids in can be a disaster waiting to happen! I once had something similar, it was a bug of some sort, and the doc prescribed a suppository of antibiotics. After a couple of "daze" it went away, but I felt like I was dragged thru the mud for a few days after. Take care sweetie, and keep us in the loop! We all luv ya darling, take good care of yourself! Hugz! :flowerforyou:
  • obliged
    Options
    BTW--you put PEPPERS in your tea?????
    :laugh:
    tea = dinner, supper
    sorry shore:blushing:

i figured that would be the answer i'd get but as bunny said i already kinda feel a bit dehydrated
    if i dont feel better by this arvo i think i'll try and call the docs again
    thanks guys
  • butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am an MA over here in the States. The vomiting and diarrhea could just be food poisoning or the flu.

But What you have GOT to keep an eye on is dehydration. If you can't even stomach water, then you need to get to a hospital or urgent care center where they can give your fluids intravenously, if need be. Go to this page, and if you feel any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately! http://www.medicinenet.com/dehydration/article.htm

Feel better soon!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    tea = dinner, supper

i figured that would be the answer i'd get but as bunny said i already kinda feel a bit dehydrated
    thanks guys

Ah, ok--I've heard it used that way before but wasn't sure what you meant.

Now I feel better--{still trying to imagine peppers floating in tea cup :sick: }
  • obliged
    Options
    I am an MA over here in the States. The vomiting and diarrhea could just be food poisoning or the flu.

But What you have GOT to keep an eye on is dehydration. If you can't even stomach water, then you need to get to a hospital or urgent care center where they can give your fluids intravenously, if need be. Go to this page, and if you feel any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately! http://www.medicinenet.com/dehydration/article.htm

Feel better soon!

i know i shouldnt laugh but vomiting it not only a cause of but is also a symptom of dehydration
    thank you for the site am reading through it now
    trying to imagine peppers floating in tea cup
    i just got a mental image of that and what i made this morning:noway:
  • obliged
    Options
    ok, proud to say i can now intake water and keep it down (first time i tried i couldn't)
    still have a major headache though, not game to take meds yet because i still cant really stomach food, and because of that getting somewhat dizzy and disorientated when i stand up or try walking which i haven't really been doing much of, unless its to get a fresh water bottle
    havent had any *ahem* problems since about 1, when i first tried water
    just been sleeping most of the day
    thanks for the advice guys:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ok, proud to say i can now intake water and keep it down (first time i tried i couldn't)
    still have a major headache though, not game to take meds yet because i still cant really stomach food, and because of that getting somewhat dizzy and disorientated when i stand up or try walking which i haven't really been doing much of, unless its to get a fresh water bottle
    havent had any *ahem* problems since about 1, when i first tried water
    just been sleeping most of the day
    thanks for the advice guys:flowerforyou:

have you ever had a migraine? You described all my symptoms when I get a migraine headache.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Just wondering how your doing today girl? Hugz! :flowerforyou:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Stay home and rest and get plenty of fluids. You need to keep a close eye on things and have a friend come over and keep you company and to keep an eye on you!

Good luck and I really hope you feel better.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    tea = dinner, supper

thanks guys

Now I feel better--{still trying to imagine peppers floating in tea cup :sick: }

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    tea = dinner, supper

thanks guys

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I wuz also wondering about pepper in tea? Thought it was a new diet maybe? :noway:
  • obliged
    Options
    Just wondering how your doing today girl? Hugz! :flowerforyou:

just woke up, feeling better
    no headache today, stomach stills feels:sick: my back is sore:huh:
    did manage to drink about 1-1.5L of water last night though, every 1.5-2 hours woke up so i had water which put me right back to sleep, so i'm guessing thats a good sign:ohwell:
    did manage to have a kiwi fruit before i went to bed, so that kinda got the sugar levels up a little bit
    still feel somewhat dizzy coz i havent managed to have anything else yet
    just have to wait an hour or so before i go to the doctors now:grumble: i hate doctors
    have you ever had a migraine? You described all my symptoms when I get a migraine headache
    to my recollection i've only had a migraine once
    i was sick in hospital with glandular fever, tonsillitis, viral infection - and with that lovely combo the antibiotics the doctor put me on were not working so i ended up having septicemia as well
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    good luck. glad your feeling somewhat better! :drinker: