Work situation HELP!

Options
Ok guys heres the deal. I work in a convienience shop - We sell all standard groceries, chocolates, sweets, crisps, cakes etc.

Now being on a diet you can understand this is very hard! I seem to be ok if im on the go and busy but when i sit down to do paperwork i start to feel the nibbles coming on.

How can i avoid nibbling things i know deep down i dont even need!!

Any ideas/methods would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sit with a glass of water and sip it every so often or maybe chew some gum to keep your mouth busy while u do it??
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have water with me most of the time, but chewing gum is not a bad idea at all! I'll give that a go today. Thanks!
  • jennicaprice
    jennicaprice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have some water (maybe flavored, but no calories) or tea with you at the desk at all times, and keep sipping! Or chew some gum, or bring your own healthier munchies from home so if you do get a case of the nibbles, you don't have to turn to the goodies available at work. Keep your mouth occupied by less dangerous things. Good luck!! :-)

Yes, what she said! ^^ :-)
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    :happy: Firstly congrats on your weight loss so far, thats amazing!!!! Now to the work situatiion, as you're at your desk when you get the nibble urge, how about a coffee mug printed with something like, ' do I want those nibbles more than i want to reach my goal' i'm sure you can come up with something a bit better than that but you get the gist. I have a similar problem at work, i'm a schools first aid officer, and when i get back from the Medical treatment room, i often find little chocolate gifts on my desk from colleagues, I've explained to them it's nice of them to think of me, but it would help me just now not to have them, and then what i do is re-distribute them to colleagues who are happy to have them. Good luck, add me of you like, Yvonne :flowerforyou:
  • Bulgingbride
    Options
    I think it is important for you not to allow yourself to become hungry as you are more likely to be tempted by these sweet treats. Make sure you eat small amounts regularly and have snacks for when you are in work (carrot sticks & hoummus etc) to try to ease off with the cravings.

I would also allow yourself a treat every now and then, perhaps on a Friday afternoon, you could allow yourself to settle down with a cup of tea and your favourite treat. That way you have something to look forward to and won't feel that you are totally denying yourself.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I agree that redirecting the desire to nibble is the key. You'll need to bring your own -- it's not a bad opportunity to get healthy food in, such as: Cut up carrots into finger-length pieces (quartered) and put them in a plastic container; eat with or without hummus. Take a pack of blueberries or raspberries and eat them one by one. Sliced apple is good, too.

Gum was mentioned, and keeping a water bottle around. I've used both.

Or plan your nibbling/snacking times and have on hand, say, two rice cakes with some cheese; a yogurt; a piece of fruit; even (if you're careful with the portions) a handful of nuts.
  • asm12707
    Options
    i totally know what you mean, i manage a restaurant, and between never having time to eat, and all the bad choices it could be overwhelming. i try to prepare snacks for myself the day before, and i pack my own lunch, if i dont do this i know i will end up eating something that is not good for me.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one for your help! Today ive had a much better day at work.

I havent snacked bad things, had some celery sticks and a tomato when i was feeling hungry. Eaten decent breakfast and lunch so i wont need to eat again untill i have dinner at home!