I'm back!

Options
So.... I'm not new. I do good for a few days logging in and then I forget to add to my diary. I get excited when I'm on here because its so easy to use and I can see where I need to change my habits. I have gotten friends and family on here and I still lack the ability to be consistent. I'm tired of these last 40 pounds I have to loose. I have no energy. I'm a busy mom. The only positive thing I can say right now about this struggle is today I made a dish with rotesserie chicken and italian style vegetables and it was surprisingly very delish! I need to start including more veggies in my diet. Any suggestions on where to find tasty, simple and easy veggie dishes?
I seriously need to be more motivated... only I can make the difference for myself so here I go again.... I'm Back! ;)

Replies

• thefatqueen
    Options
    Try allrecipes.com When I did a search for vegetables all kinds of recipes popped up.

Keep your chin up, and keep plugging along. That weight will come off.

AnnaLiese
  • birder4ever
    birder4ever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    HI sissy. Ok, there is never a meal that I don't serve at home without veggies. The one easy way to begin is browsing your frozen veggie section for bags. Those are flash frozen as soon as they're picked so they will be at their peak of freshness. Frozen veggies to always have on hand are asparagus, broc/cauliflower, mixed, corn, spinach, kale, there's a great one with black beans/corn/peppers/onions that is great. Fresh veggies to have on hand that take minutes to sautee in garlic & olive oil would be zucchini, squash, spinach, kale, peppers, onions, tomatos (grape are the best, quick & easy to mix into a dish). You don't always have to have fresh on hand when it's not in season but there's no excuse not to have at least 5 bags of frozen veggies in the freezer. I serve it for breakfast, lunch & dinner at home every day that I cook.
    I know you have time to put comments on FB often throughout the day so you need to also make the time to add your food info into this site. This is something for you, for your health & well being. If you have to choose between FB and putting stuff here, that should be easy. Also, you can let Juliet plug in the stuff for you too. No excuses. Get my dolly involved too so she see's what foods have what fat, calories, etc....I love you. Let's do this together......
  • mamichulany
    Options
    I love you too! Thx for the suggestions. I guess I'm on the right track because my freezer has plenty of frozen vegetables... I've been using them lately and so far so good. I also found this vinaigrette for my salads & cooking... Organicville Olive oil & balsamic vinaigrette. Gluten free & no high fruc corn syrup ;) thx for being there for me. LETS DO IT!
  • mamichulany
    Options
    THX FOR POSTING ON MY BLOG! I'LL LOOK INTO THAT SITE. TODAY I'M 5 DAYS IN A ROW, LOGGIN IN ... FEELING IN THE BEST OF MOODS :)
  • birder4ever
    birder4ever Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar Raw & Braggs Amino Acids - outstanding sources of natural organic liquids to build your own dressings with and also to marinade your foods in. Just add them to EVOO and your own fresh garlic for a stunning dressing for your salads.