Chicken spaghetti

Options
after researching, i didn't find much talk about chicken spaghetti... But how bad of a dinner choice is it ? Recipe would consist of whole grain noodles, light velveta, Rotel, reduced cream of chicken/mushroom. Any input would be appreciated :)

Replies

• fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I got a similar recipe. Control your portion size and it would be great for dinner in my opinion. Pair it with a side of veggies.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    personally, I would try this with spaghetti squash instead of pasta. You can use laughing cow cheese, instead of the Velveeta. You would save a gazillion calories - LOL :)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I forget about the spaghetti squash option! Excellent recommendation!
    personally, I would try this with spaghetti squash instead of pasta. You can use laughing cow cheese, instead of the Velveeta. You would save a gazillion calories - LOL :)
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    One word: sodium.

We have spaghetti squash as well. It's excellent. But cheese is quite high in sodium and you might find yourself retaining water then.
  • lindsay03811
    Options

For some reason, I can not seem to find laughing cow! Is it with the regular cheese??
  • joyce_purcell
    Options
    I think I usually find the laughing cow cheese wedges by the regular cheese. My store (Kroger) It is between the refridgerated juice and the shredded cheese.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree try regular real cheese and it won't be so bad. Velveeta and even the Kraft singles aren't even cheese. They are cheese products. If it melts easy its probably not real cheese.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I always find Laughing Cow in the deli with the "fancy" cheeses like brie and havarti.
  • snowdays
    snowdays Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    my grocery store keeps the laughing cow wedges in the deli department.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, please don't use Velveeta. Read this and see if you still want to put it in your body:

"In 2002, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to Kraft that Velveeta was being sold with packaging that described it as a "Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread," which the FDA claimed was misbranded because the product declared milk protein concentrate (MPC) in its ingredients listing. Velveeta is now sold in the U.S. as a "Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product," a term for which the FDA does not maintain a standard of identity, and which therefore may contain MPC."

"a term for which the FDA does not maintain a standard of identity" - this means that they can pretty much do any kind of crap they want and as long as they use the right oveall term, the FDA can't call them on it. since the FDA hasn't defined any actual rules for what it means. That terrifies me.