Ate like poo for a week and lost 2 pounds!

Options
So, last week was not the best week. There was a lot of midnight snacking and more than a few candy bars involved, coupled with less exercise than I'd have liked. But yesterday, I stepped on the scale for my official weigh in, and found I'd lost 2 pounds.

I know I didn't make good food choices, but I WAS eating more calories. Was it a fluke, or have I just been eating too few calories, even though I'm eating the 1200 MFP says I "should" (or more when I exercise). Should I be eating more and just making better choices?

Replies

• aimon87
    aimon87 Posts: 19
    Options
    I WANT YOUR BODY IF YOU LOSE WEIGHT BY EATING POO! LOL
  • queenkala
    Options
    the same thing happened to me over Christmas, i lost like 4lb over the two weeks either side. but now im finding it very hard to lose any weight at all.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Give it a try for a few weeks, and see how it goes. The 1200 rule doesn't apply to everyone. Some people need more and some need less. If your body responds well to more, give it a try and see how it goes.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you eat the same amount of calories consistently for a while and then switch and increase that, it tricks your metabolism so to speak. So, you might lose some weight at first but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. Or it could be that you truly need to eat more. Only way to know for sure is to test it out!
  • Halochic
    Halochic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can poop or pee and not drink enough water and be down two pounds. You probably just maintained your weight.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    lucky you lol, i am currently havn my treat night as i have exercised like there is no 2mrw since mon and have been under my cal goal since wed ( i joined MFP on wed ) :) so here's hoping i have the same luck as you on wed for my weigh in

Kirstie x