HELP!!! I keep gaining....

Options
This past week and I truly motivated...worked out almost every day, logged in almost all of my calories and felt really good about everything. I monitored how much I ate and if we ate out I only ate half of it...yet this morning when I stepped on the scale I gained weight...yet again!!!! Should I not eat all of my exercise calories??? I've also been taking in 70oz of water a day. I'm really confused about this. I'm trying my hardest to do this weight loss thing in a healthy way (instead of crash dieting or cutting out a certain food group)...but i'm not seeing any results. :/

I would love any feedback or suggestions....

Replies

• novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It takes time. It is possible to workout to much and your body wants to hold onto calories cause it doesn't know if you've been chased by a lion all week. Just stick with the plan. If your still having troubles in say two weeks try not eating your workout calories.

*Hugs*
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Read my blog titled "It's basic math, but it's not that simple." Maybe that will help!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/RMinVA
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    If you are eating small but high calorie portions and drinking lots of water your body may still think it is starving. Eating out really is a killer. I know it's hard to avoid (trust me...I did it 2x this week) but the meals usually have a high sodium content which can make you retain water.

Make sure you record EVERYTHING because you'd be surprised what skipping a few little things here and there will do to your numbers. Stick with it. You can do it!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peak at your food diary. It looks like you're very good in terms of staying within your calories, so that's great. But it also looks like you also take in high percentage of processed foods. Try for a few days to stick to lean proteins, good carbs, and veggies and see what happens. Also, for me personally, I think a ratio of 40/40/20 protein/carb/fat is more sensible than the defaults on the website.

Here's a handy list of good foods: http://bodyforlife.com/library/food-list
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you put in "almost all of my calories" - It can be a lot of work, but make sure you add ALL your calories.

If you're eating out, check online for the nutritional content of the menu items of the restaurant that you'll be eating at before you go. You might be surprised how many calories are hidden in their food -Even if you only are only eating half of what you've ordered, you could still be consuming 800 calories or more!

Good luck :)
    R
  • lbarrett74
    Options
    I have found that I have to be very careful about what I choose to eat. I'm allowed 1270 cals/day and I walk 3 miles, 4 times per week which gives me a 300 cal credit. It's still hard but make sure you are logging everything u eat cause every bite counts. and make sure you are logging accurately with regards to serving size for example. You'd be surprised at what a difference that will make. Eat things like oatmeal with a little bit of honey in it for breakfast and if u can fit in a dark green salad, it's only like 15 cals/serving and high in lots of good nutrients. Just avoid adding too much extras. Keep it up!!:drinker: