Microwave Potato Chips Recipe 60 calories!!!! So Good!

Options
My husband found this recipe and we tried them tonight! We did the salt and vinegar variety! They were absolutely AMAZING! So yummy and satisfying! At only 60 calories a potato you could totally indulge guilt free! Just had to share this with all of you! Yay!
Microwave Potato Chips

1 medium russet potato
parchment paper
salt
optional seasonings: chili powder, Creole seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, etc.

Using a mandolin or v-slicer, slice one medium russet potato (peeled, if you like) as thinly as possible, taking care that all slices are the same thickness. Line the turntable tray of your microwave with parchment paper and place the potato slices on it without overlapping. Salt lightly and sprinkle with your choice of seasonings.

Microwave at full power–watching closely–until spots of brown begin to appear, about 4-6 minutes. Turn off the microwave for 1 minute. Microwave again at full power until the slices are golden brown. (Be very careful not to over-brown or they will taste burned.) Remove from the microwave and allow to cool. Repeat until all potato slices are cooked.

Salt and Vinegar Chips:

Dip each potato slice into cider vinegar before putting it on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt before microwaving.

Makes two servings. Per serving: 30 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (1% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 2mg Sodium; 1g Fiber. Weight Watchers Core / 0 Points.
My favorite spur-of-the-moment snack is simple: rinsed, canned chickpeas sprinkled with Creole seasoning. It’s hardly a crunchy snack, but it does satisfy the craving for salty foods.

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I am going to try this. I used to make homemade (deep fried) chips like this when my kids were younger, but I haven't in a while. I bet they would love this as an alternative and I know it will be a good snack for me!
  • sandmart2009
    sandmart2009 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • brookalina
    Options
    Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!!
  • scoobydoo128
    Options
    I used to make these when I was a kid but in the oven. If I can recall, I think I used the broiler, hand cut very thin, spread out on a cookie sheet and I used Lawry's seasoning salt. Thanks for the reminder, I will definitely try these again with different seasonings!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Bump to save for later. Thanks for sharring.
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, that I saved this thread so that I could make them sometime and it was AWESOME! I'm excited to try the salt & vinegar ones but they were just what I needed. My husband opened up a bag of chips to have with his lunch and the whole day I was trying to sneak some and so I thought there is no better time to try these and they satisfied that chip hunger without as much fat. Thank you a million times over-this was great!!!!!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I made some of these tonight. What an awesome replacement for potato chips. Rarely do I crave the crunch of a chips, but when I do I am glad I have these now. My kids liked them too, so i might make them and keep them in the pantry for them. Thanks again for the recipes/ideas.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Oh my I will ahve to try this. I seriously LOVE salt and vinegar chips so I will be trying this when I get some parchment paper. They are the only "potato" chips I really like, now tortilla(Dortios or hint of lime) chips are like crack to me. LOL
  • jymalfonzo
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm going to have to try it.
  • Roleigh
    Options
    This is awesome! I can't wait to try this, thank you for the recipe. For someone who LOVES potatoes and is missing them right now, this will be a great treat I see in the near future! :smile:
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Will be trying this out! Thanks so much!
  • pwiggy
    pwiggy Posts: 17
    Options
    Sounds great- I need to try these
  • rhan90
    rhan90 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ooooh yum, bump!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    YUM!!thanks for sharing!!
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    bump for later
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing!
  • Iris0022
    Options
    bump :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yum! I will have to try these some time. Thanks!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    where are you finding these 60 calorie potatoes?