My home page makes it hard to stay focussed

Options
Does anyone else 9 times out of 10 have an ad with an amazing looking chocolate cupcake with blue frosting beaming across the top of their home page?

Replies

• katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yes but I think it looks gross.

Now if it was pink ...
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just don't pay attention to it! LOL It's like watching commercials, they always seem to get to you but you just have to ignore them the best you can. I can't watch Man V. Food anymore, that show always makes me hungry and want to eat every time!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    lol that'd be a whole other story
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The ads are an unfortunate side effect of why MFP is free, the revenue from those ads. They vary wildly. The most common theme seems to be food related simply because the most discussed topic here is food.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    downtome I have sworn off the food network alltogether. It just makes me so hungry
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I always see one about chronic back pain. I don't have back problems, but just looking at it with the disc all red and coming out makes me uncomfortable and I start shifting. >_<
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yea, those ads are what keeps this site free---you just have to choose to ignore them.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I see it all the time, I have dominos and Disney now...!!!!! Sigh I love cupecakes!!!!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I always see one about chronic back pain. I don't have back problems, but just looking at it with the disc all red and coming out makes me uncomfortable and I start shifting. >_<

LOL! How can they mess with our minds like that!?
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I always seem to get the blue cupcake ad.. :grumble:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm so used to tuning the ads out on well...everything I don't even notice anymore.
  • noiinteam
    noiinteam Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    that chocolate cupcake looks sooooo good... not to mention the frosting.... just posted something about the cupcake this morning...hahahah
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I see it all the time, I have dominos and Disney now...!!!!! Sigh I love cupecakes!!!!

Cupcakes have always made me sick even as a kid but when I see one I think I need it.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    that chocolate cupcake looks sooooo good... not to mention the frosting.... just posted something about the cupcake this morning...hahahah

HA! That's funny. great minds...
  • jojojor
    jojojor Posts: 24
    Options
    I always get the pimple ads!!!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    I always get the pimple ads!!!

Sign me up! That'll keep me from getting the munchies for sure!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well really it's expected. If I were in marketing, this would be the site to place an ad like that. As most people here are trying to fight those cravings. Don't let them win!

And as others said, it's what keeps this site free! So I ignore them like I would any other ad.
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    yeah but now its for kellogs fiber plus- maybe they took the hint lol! other than that one its jillian michaels all oer the place. but my cell phone version has no ads!:laugh:
  • cerulian
    Options
    I used to, but now I'm getting Ally (finance) and Captial One. It's probably going off my most recent searches lately :)
    The cupcake looked gross and like the topping was just chemically induced, and not good. (sorry!)
  • jamesrickards
    jamesrickards Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nope :) hello everyone btw!